DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi not remembering gimbal position

espring

Reactions
I need to manually fly to spots and set waypoints during flight, to make sure I get the shot just the way I need it. The next time I fly the mission the drone goes to the waypoint but it seems to not remember the exact gimbal angle. I have Gimbal Pitch Mode for all waypoints in the mission set to Interpolate. It always says the Gimbal Pitch Angle is 0 degrees, do I need to change anything with that setting? Is there some other setting I'm missing?

Attachments

• IMG_9876B00C4D92-1.jpeg
    IMG_9876B00C4D92-1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
Never flown and set waypoints during flight, so not sure if gimbal angle can be set at each WP. I always plan missions using Virtual Litchi Mission, available free and links can be found on this site. Preset gimbal angles at each waypoint, and set all to Interpolate. This gives a very smooth transition from one angle to another.
There are plenty of YouTube vids explaining how to do this.
Hope this helps you.
With VLM, you can plan your mission on PCs and fly the mission virtually in Google Earth, making necessary adjustments as you go. Once happy with mission, save it to the Mission Hub and load it up at your flying location, it'll fly the mission perfectly.

I never trust 3rd party apps myself. The DJI fly app was specifically developed for the mini and by the DJI engineer, that have tested it and approved it. Not paying $24 on an app that has lost others mini for them.

I never trust 3rd party apps myself. The DJI fly app was specifically developed for the mini and by the DJI engineer, that have tested it and approved it. Not paying $24 on an app that has lost others mini for them.
Unless you know of something I don't, the DJI app can't save waypoints and missions. So in order to fly the same mission over and over I'm forced to use a 3rd party app.

Reactions: scdronemedia
Unless you know of something I don't, the DJI app can't save waypoints and missions. So in order to fly the same mission over and over I'm forced to use a 3rd party app.
Yes, it can. But Litchi Cable Cam mode is a better option.

I need to manually fly to spots and set waypoints during flight, to make sure I get the shot just the way I need it. The next time I fly the mission the drone goes to the waypoint but it seems to not remember the exact gimbal angle. I have Gimbal Pitch Mode for all waypoints in the mission set to Interpolate. It always says the Gimbal Pitch Angle is 0 degrees, do I need to change anything with that setting? Is there some other setting I'm missing?
I don’t believe Litchi records the gimbal angle with the “waypoint at aircraft” command.

I don’t believe Litchi records the gimbal angle with the “waypoint at aircraft” command.
You are correct. I believe when setting a waypoint mission, POI point of interest has to be set as well. Then the POI is set in the mission and that positions the gimbal. I suggest you contact [email protected] for the true skinny.

Use Litchi Mission Hub on line, Nd set your flight up there. Waypoints remember gimbal angles just fine. You don’t need to have a POI set for this to work.

Interpolate means between two points. Since you are manually flying between points there is nothing to interpolate. Maybe set up points of interest and let litchi do a fully programmed flight.

The poster that wasn't going to spend "$24," doesn't know what they are talking about.

Use Litchi Mission Hub on line, Nd set your flight up there. Waypoints remember gimbal angles just fine. You don’t need to have a POI set for this to work.
I believe you are mistaken. If there is no POI set, then Litchi has no way to aim the camera and would be just looking out at the horizon. Without a POI, there is nothing to direct the gimbal to aim at anything. Of course, you could fly a point to point waypoint mission and not use curves stopping at each waypoint making sure you are aimed in the direction of what you want photograph then pause the mission for some number of seconds then aim the gimbal and so on. That's a lot of work. POI in a waypoint mission is way more efficient.

I just can't get it up as precisely as I want if I set the mission and WPs online. I would like to find a way to do it on the fly (punn intended).

I just can't get it up as precisely as I want if I set the mission and WPs online. I would like to find a way to do it on the fly (punn intended).
You'd be surprised at how precise Litchi can be with Waypoint and POI missions. Case in Point:

Litchi does not support the Mini, so it can't have lost any. Facts need to be correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan