DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi now supports Mavic Mini

We will FINALLY be able to use most phones and tablets with Litchi! Which in my opinion is a big plus!

A lot of complaints with DJI Fly are resolved with Litchi for the Mini. The screen data is better and the complaint about battery status is much resolved.

On a different note. I took a 360 panorama, a video, and some pictures with the Litchi, and I looked at the panorama after it was created but now I can't find the panorama at all and I can only find the video and pictures on the memory that I remove from the mini.

I did see that GPS based follow does work on the mini but still too windy to test it extensively outside.

Reactions: Bernard
A lot of complaints with DJI Fly are resolved with Litchi for the Mini. The screen data is better and the complaint about battery status is much resolved.

These problems have supposedly been resolved in the new DJI Fly update which has just been released for both iOS and Android.

Smart me!

Pano's are stored in the pano file on the litchi app. It appears that you need to go to the DJI Fly app with the mini on and linked to look at the pictures taken with the mini under Litchi control and then download them same as with DJI Fly. GPS follow me worked adequately. I kept losing sync until I made the follow box to just cover me. Any larger and it continuously lost sync. the mini followed me from my front yard along the side yard and into the back yard successfully.

• Love
Reactions: Capt KO
Quick question...If I install Litchi can I switch back and forth between the Flt app and the Litchi app? I don't mean while in flight of course, but I don't want to go through the hassle (and maybe problems) with having to re install the fly app if I don't like using the Litchi app.

For Android it's Litchi version 4.18.0_BETA-g.
I tested Follow and Focus, they worked very good.
Waypoints, Orbit and Track are not supported.

The RedWaypoint app (Android only) supports waypoints for the Mavic Mini, however there has to be a constant radio link between the AC and RC.
The free version allows 5 waypoints/POIs max.
I tested this app. It works (waypoints) but because it's based on virtual joystick commands that are send to the Mini in intervals the Mini does not fly smooth. Also curved turns are not possible.

Last edited:
Quick question...If I install Litchi can I switch back and forth between the Flt app and the Litchi app? I don't mean while in flight of course, but I don't want to go through the hassle (and maybe problems) with having to re install the fly app if I don't like using the Litchi app.
On Android you can...
But you have to switch off and then on the RC to switch between the apps and force-close the app you were using, otherwise the new app won't establish a connection to the drone again.
You can do this even during flight.
This is true for all DJI drones and control-apps.

On Android you can...
But you have to switch off and then on the RC to switch between the apps and force-close the app you were using, otherwise the new app won't establish a connection to the drone again.
Thanks for the fast reply tribar. May try the Litchi app.
cheers

On Android you can...
Or disconnect the cable, then close the active app and reconnect - then you get the choice which program you want to use. Do not make an app automatically run when USB is connected otherwise Android will choose that app! If you did, you should reset it in USB settings.

I've been using it on android (Samsung S10) and IOS (ipad Mini4) and so far the pano, track and orbit have worked. The track appears to be visual as you draw a box round the person.. in FPV it works just as expected and i do like the auto start and stop recording. had a mishap on follow but my fault and due to needing new props havent tried waypoints but from what I've been told they don't work.. i have used waypoints on dronelink with the MM though and it worked well

Reactions: pescobar61
Need a bit of help here.

Totally new to Litchi, and in my excitement to 'get involved' I purchased and installed the app on my iPad Mini before realizing that support for the Mavic Mini was still in beta.

Question....... how do I get access to the beta version?

Many thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahim49