DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi now supports Mavic Mini

This is my first flight using Litchi for Mavic Mini. I had planned testing FCC hack but I got confused, opening DJI Fly in the field. Inmediatly FCC hack is gone.

Test results:

Taking off works
Map auto zoom works great.
Focus mode works, but delayed and shaking
Photo pano works amazing
Tracking mode is not working for me. Unable to select any object.
Follow me mode works great.

By the way, DJI Fly style cache preview videos are gone in Litchi.

This is also my conclusion about what works or not.
It is not clear to me how follow me works since I did not have an option to highlight the target subject.. Nevertheless it did follow me

This is also my conclusion about what works or not.
It is not clear to me how follow me works since I did not have an option to highlight the target subject.. Nevertheless it did follow me
There's a lot of confusion between the the terms 'Follow' & 'Track".
Follow uses GPS information, Track uses optical (camera) information.
In order for Follow to work, the smart device Must have a GPS receiver. The drone then Follows the GPS location of the to the RC connected smart device.

There's a lot of confusion between the the terms 'Follow' & 'Track".
Follow uses GPS information, Track uses optical (camera) information.
In order for Follow to work, the smart device Must have a GPS receiver. The drone then Follows the GPS location of the to the RC connected smart device.

Track based on optical recognition : never managed to make it work on both platforms

I tryed to connect Litchi with my DJI MM but for some reason i keep getting the disconnect messages. Im using a Samsung Galaxy A70.

If i close Litchi and open the DJI Fly app it Works fine.

Anyone a idea what im doing wrong.

I tryed to connect Litchi with my DJI MM but for some reason i keep getting the disconnect messages. Im using a Samsung Galaxy A70.

Are you using the Litchi Beta, I believe at the moment that is the only version that supports the MM.

Just a thought. On the iOS version Litchi says before starting the app force-close DJI Fly if it's open. Just wondering if you have Fly running in the background on your Android device? If so try shutting Fly down completely before starting Litchi.

Does anyone know if the Mavic Mini will end up supporting Waypoints? I have been trying to get it to work, but I keep getting errors.

Does anyone know if the Mavic Mini will end up supporting Waypoints? I have been trying to get it to work, but I keep getting errors.

According to Litchi Dev, they still can't make that features available due to some limitation in SDK released by DJi for mavic mini

I just crashed in a tree using the follow me mode. I was confusing the compass direction since I didn't find an appropriate indicator which would be the best direction - started the track mode - then at a point the mini starts rushing to the set point and you can't abord it with your control sticks. You have to hit a tiny button in the app. That's a bad solution I would say!

Noticeable.. After there was no visible damage, I started again on litchi and the first thing the mini does after taking off, is to rego on the follow me Mission so it went straight away back into the tree.. ?

I like that you have so many options to set up your follow me but it's really not made for situations where you might need to react fast and control with your sticks - like the follow me mode from dji on the other drones..

They have said that they may try to introduce the feature in the future.

According to Litchi Dev, they still can't make that features available due to some limitation in SDK released by DJi for mavic mini

I think Litchi are looking for an excuse. Dronelink (among other apps) already successfully supports waypoints for the Mini so it’s not an issue with the SDK. Waypoints will never be able to be uploaded to the Mini (the normal Litchi way) but they can work using the “virtual sticks“ system.

They have said that they may try to introduce the feature in the future.

I think Litchi are looking for an excuse. Dronelink (among other apps) already successfully supports waypoints for the Mini so it’s not an issue with the SDK. Waypoints will never be able to be uploaded to the Mini (the normal Litchi way) but they can work using the “virtual sticks“ system.

Yeah, I have been looking at the Dronelink software. I wish I had seen that before I went with Litchi. I hate the idea of having to have three apps just for one drone. Thanks for the clarification.

Hmm, reading all this i had planned to go to lichi once we got support for the Air 2 (own a mini as well) but now im thinking of going to dronelink....

Yeah, I have been looking at the Dronelink software. I wish I had seen that before I went with Litchi. I hate the idea of having to have three apps just for one drone. Thanks for the clarification.

I think that Dronelink has used the “virtual sticks” system with all drones so it was reasonably straightforward to adapt it for the Mini. Litchi, on the other hand, has relied on the drone already having an in-built waypoint capability so it will likely need much more work for the app to support this feature in the Mini.

So is the consciences is your best bet for waypoints on Mini is go with Dronlink?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom