DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or DJI GO 4 for Mavic Pro in 2018?

Dybber

Reactions
As the title clearly states, I want to know which is the better option? I use DJI GO 4 and I think it's fine - so why should I pay the $25?
- can't wait to here you oppinions [emoji1]

If you think go4 is fine and does everything you want it to then stay with it. The most important factor for me regarding Litchi is being able to use Mission Hub and the app to plan cinematic flights from my PC, Virtual Litchi Mission makes this even better because you can 'fly' them in Google Earth and make changes before your actual flight. Litchi missions complete regardless of radio contact, so battery life is the only limitation on range, and flights may be virtually planned to pass behind large obstacles or terrain. Litchi is also nice to have for a backup, and also uses Google aerials which are superior to what you get in go4.

Reactions: rmatile and Dybber
As the title clearly states, I want to know which is the better option? I use DJI GO 4 and I think it's fine - so why should I pay the $25?
- can't wait to here you oppinions [emoji1]

Using an app other than DJI's voids DJI's fabulous Care Refresh program.

Reactions: BobAld and Dybber
I'm not sure but I think Litchie does not create flight log, DJI would probably ask for one.
Interesting. I think I'll just stick to DJI GO 4. I don't have the nerves for Litchi missions.

Reactions: JMF
Interesting. I think I'll just stick to DJI GO 4. I don't have the nerves for Litchi missions.
There's no reason why you have to fly out of radio contact on an autonomous mission, unless you want or need to. While within radio contact you will always be able to take control should something not go as planned. The benefit is being able to compose very smooth video, yaw movements, transitions, gimbal angle adjustments, etc. It can all be planned from the comfort of your desktop PC.

Tried to use DJI Go 4 on a new 132G ipad mini 4 numerous times and only got in twice. Recurring user/email/pwrd issues. Getting terminally frustrated and DJI support is slower than molasses in winter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78