DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or Dronelink or stick with DJI

I agree that you should stick with DJI for now. Dronelink seems to be unstable and Litchi comes at a cost. Active track is probably the only function that im missing and I reckon that there’s a lot of us hoping for that too but i think its safe to wait for a while,

I have had Litchi for my M2Z for over one year now with no issues at all. Yesterday I started flying my MM with Dronelink. Only 3 flights but again no issues. The price for either Litchi or Dronelink is nothing compared to the overall cost of a drone plus extra batteries etc. For me good value for money and with the advantage over GO 4 in that missions can be made on the computer without firing up the drone and remote etc.

Reactions: pescobar61
DroneLink also integrates with AirData
Urgently there is a bug which limits the degree. Of integration but AirData is aware and believe a subsequent SDK patching will fix it fully retroactively

Litchi has gps follow and track but no waypoint and dronelink has waypoint but no follow me... and the waypoint isn’t like the missions u can send other drones on .. it’s basically doing the stick input for you all other stuff like rth at signal drop will happen others it goes on the mission signal no longer a varible i have neither for the moment.. im not sure if the jerky movement of dronelink is a phone issue or a bug.. oh and I hear litchi will allow all the phones N tablets that cant run the fly app can use litchi
Litchi has waypoints and poi when flying and you can save your mission and fly it many times. Look at some youtube videos using Litchi and you will be impressed. Patiently waiting for Litch for the MA2.

I have a CS so dronelink will not work and I never use the go app only litchi. It is the perfect all around software to use

For the MM, I'd stick to DJI Fly unless you need to run the flight app on a device that only has 32bit architecture.

Litchi will work in this scenario and allow the MM be flown from older devices. e.g. Epson glasses and the DJI Crystal Sky tablets
So maybe I could use my Motorola G5s after all if I use Litchi? I still have it here as a spare smartphone and bought me a new one (Samsung Galaxy S8) because I needed 64bit to use DJI Fly...

I purchased DL a few days ago, I just now bought Litchi and joined the beta program.
More tests and comparisons coming up this weekend:)
How long did it take you to get access to the Lichi beta app? I sent them an email this morning, got acknowledgement of receipt of the email, but nothing further.

Thanks.

The android app is automated , it happened instantly as far as I can tell .

iOS needs approval

The android app is automated , it happened instantly as far as I can tell .

iOS needs approval
Ah........ yes, I bought the ios version, and just assumed it was the same.

I guess I just need to be patient (not really a virtue of mine)!

So maybe I could use my Motorola G5s after all if I use Litchi? I still have it here as a spare smartphone and bought me a new one (Samsung Galaxy S8) because I needed 64bit to use DJI Fly...

hopefully you can once they release a production version

You should try and see if you can get the beta version on the G5's

I ran a few missions with dronelink today, worked perfectly. I had it map out my property and take a bunch of pictures so I could do some 3d photogrammetry. No jerky movement, no connection issues, though I wasn't flying super far away. At the end of mission I had it set to return to home and it did so without issue, and at any time you can pause what it's doing and take control if you need to. Only thing missing is follow-me, so I may get litchi to do that, but for now this is a massive upgrade in functionality and I have barely scratched the surface of what dronelink can do.

My phone is a galaxy s20+, so could be it needs a powerful phone to work smoothly, but I haven't had any issues so far.

Edit to more explicitly answer the OP's question: Litchi if you want follow me or active track type functionality, DroneLink if you want waypoint/automated flight type functionality. I'll probably get both.

Last edited:
I ran a few missions with dronelink today, worked perfectly. I had it map out my property and take a bunch of pictures so I could do some 3d photogrammetry. No jerky movement, no connection issues, though I wasn't flying super far away. At the end of mission I had it set to return to home and it did so without issue, and at any time you can pause what it's doing and take control if you need to. Only thing missing is follow-me, so I may get litchi to do that, but for now this is a massive upgrade in functionality and I have barely scratched the surface of what dronelink can do.

My phone is a galaxy s20+, so could be it needs a powerful phone to work smoothly, but I haven't had any issues so far.

Edit to more explicitly answer the OP's question: Litchi if you want follow me or active track type functionality, DroneLink if you want waypoint/automated flight type functionality. I'll probably get both.

I also have DroneLink and i didn't test it yet but the possibilites are endless. It has waypoints, and I think Litchi will never have this because DJI will not implement it in the SDK.
I also think I will get both programs so I can get the follow me.

Is this with the basic paid version or do you need the $40 or $80 version to do waypoints? What all am I missing out on if I only get the basic $20 package?
Yes all for $20 i guess the other packages are for commercial use.

Yes all for $20 i guess the other packages are for commercial use.

Check this out: Dronelink

There's also a "need help choosing a plan" wizard on the pricing page: Dronelink

There are $40 and $80 hobbyist plans that offer additional functionality . Most importantly is AirData integration, mapping, restricted zones, and terrain follow.

But, you get waypoints and can always upgrade after.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian