DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Pano Mode affected by firmware bug?

dbsanders

Reactions
I tried a panorama with Litchi for the first time today. I am aware of the DJI firmware issue with the latest version, where 3rd party apps will cause "erratic" behavior. However reading through the warning and the affected flight modes, I thought I was safe flying to my spot manually and then enter pano mode.

It was taking pics and yawing, but was extremely slow in doing so. I got maybe one picture every 20-30 seconds? On my screen, the green bar was flashing between GPS and AUTONOMOUS constantly, not sure if this is normal.

Halfway through it (several minutes in) I decided to give up and do the pano manually with the GO app. I hit STOP on the pano and tried to fly it back down. It fought me, jerking back and forth in the air, and the green status bar was still flashing between AUTONOMOUS and GPS. I finally got it back down, but it wasn't fun to feel like the app was fighting against me.

Just looked at my Healthydrones info: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I see 250+ notifications for that flight - "Mode changed to joystick" and "Mode changed to GPS Atti". Maybe this is normal for pano mode?

Last edited:
With Litchi, if you hit STOP on a waypoint mission or panorama mode and it still tries to execute the mission, flip the controller from P to S (or if already in S, to P and back to S). This will abort any special flight mode and return control to you.

I haven't seen the log entries for Joystick/GPS but the controller does show that it switches these modes every pivot during a panorama. This is expected.

With Litchi, if you hit STOP on a waypoint mission or panorama mode and it still tries to execute the mission, flip the controller from P to S (or if already in S, to P and back to S). This will abort any special flight mode and return control to you.

I haven't seen the log entries for Joystick/GPS but the controller does show that it switches these modes every pivot during a panorama. This is expected.

Thanks for the info. I see now in the Litchi FAQ about switching flight modes. I just thought that "STOP" would mean stop. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dorky