DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Panorama settings

GlynRDav

Reactions
I am using a Mavic 2Z with Litchi. I set up a pano with 3 rows of 8 plus 1 Nadir; 360* x 105* (straight down plus 15* up).
That should produce 25 pictures (I think).
the result was 22 pictures and it looks like 3 pictures are missing from the middle row. Only afterwards I saw that when the pano started, it says 22 pictures will be taken.
Too late, I am now 400 km away!

I have previously created such a pano with a full complement of pictures. The only difference is an update of the s/w and the drone firmware.
Has anyone else seen this, or am i missing something?
Cheers
Glyn

I am using a Mavic 2Z with Litchi. I set up a pano with 3 rows of 8 plus 1 Nadir; 360* x 105* (straight down plus 15* up).
That should produce 25 pictures (I think).
the result was 22 pictures and it looks like 3 pictures are missing from the middle row. Only afterwards I saw that when the pano started, it says 22 pictures will be taken.
Too late, I am now 400 km away!

I have previously created such a pano with a full complement of pictures. The only difference is an update of the s/w and the drone firmware.
Has anyone else seen this, or am i missing something?
Cheers
Glyn
I’m not totally sure what’s happening because I replicated your mission and getting the same thing. If I increase to 116 degree it goes up to 23 photos but if I go up to 119 degrees it goes back down to 22 pictures. I do think it has something to do with the hrs pattern being set to spherical. If I change to linear I get expected photo counts.

However, if you are doing a 360 pano 3 rows seems a little light and you might as well use the auto 360 pano mode.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks Brett, I will test again and see what happens, but I think that something has been changed in Litchi. I did asked them for help, but nothing has come back.
Previously I used the same settings and it produced a 360* x 180* pano in Panorama Studio 3
Let's hope that Litchi support gives us some help

Hi Brett,
I received this from Litchi and now it all makes sense to me
"In 'Spherical' mode, the 'Columns' setting applies to the horizon row only (+0°). Less photos will be taken at lower and higher rows, reducing the total number of photos taken while still producing a stitchable output."
In Spherical mode, 8x3+1 really means 8 at 0° (horizon), 7 at -30°, 6 at -60° and 1 at -90° => total = 22
Switch to Linear mode if you want 25 pictures (not necessary in most cases).

Reactions: niki
Despite the number of photos taken, was the pano still complete when stitched together?

No, but my mistake. I had zoomed in for a previous shot and forgot to zoom out again. Hence the images will not overlap and will probably never create a panorama.
Nevertheless, I learnt from it.

No, but my mistake. I had zoomed in for a previous shot and forgot to zoom out again. Hence the images will not overlap and will probably never create a panorama.
Nevertheless, I learnt from it.
Using the 2x zoom is the only reason I can see to use Litchi to create a spherical panorama with even greater detail, as the fully automated GO 4 created spherical pano with the lens zoomed out is so easy to shoot, and completely stitched onto the microSD card within 60 seconds, including a cloned-in ceiling!

I don't understand why Litchi allows more than one nadir image. If the nadir is straight down, wouldn't every nadir image be the same?

I don't understand why Litchi allows more than one nadir image. If the nadir is straight down, wouldn't every nadir image be the same?
I haven't tried it but maybe the second nadir, also shooting straight down, is taken with the camera rotated 90 degrees from the first and aids in better overlap coverage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa