DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Panorama

Davidwh

Reactions
Never attempted this before so I apologise if this is a dumb post. I will be attempting my first pano with Litchi and I was wondering what people use to create a 360 pano. What tweaks should made to the Litchi settings or is it ok leave the settings as they already are. Years ago I did some panoramic's with my slr and it appeared better to have as many photo's as possible to play with. I was planning to do something similar with the Mavic before stitching them together with MS Image Composite Editor....any tips????
Many thanks

Not as easy (at least for me) to create 360 Panos (with the Mavic) and here's why. I watched many videos using PanoWeaver, Hugin, etc. I was able to successfully create a 360 with one of those apps (Mac User) but I don't remember which it was. The one thing I remember is, if you're using the 27 or 25 image capture process, in one of those apps my 360 would NEVER stitch correctly so what I had to do was throw out the last 2 images (I think) and then it finally worked. Not having a native app to view 360 Panos, I had to load to Google Images or some other host that in turn wouldn't give me friendly code to load on my personal website.

So all in all my experience with creating 360 panos isn't great and after tons of frustration I stopped wasting time "trying" to create them.

Not as easy (at least for me) to create 360 Panos (with the Mavic) and here's why. I watched many videos using PanoWeaver, Hugin, etc. I was able to successfully create a 360 with one of those apps (Mac User) but I don't remember which it was. The one thing I remember is, if you're using the 27 or 25 image capture process, in one of those apps my 360 would NEVER stitch correctly so what I had to do was throw out the last 2 images (I think) and then it finally worked. Not having a native app to view 360 Panos, I had to load to Google Images or some other host that in turn wouldn't give me friendly code to load on my personal website.

So all in all my experience with creating 360 panos isn't great and after tons of frustration I stopped wasting time "trying" to create them.
It's just something that I would like to try.....

Hi. If you want to be serious with panos (and other film and photography taking with your Mavic), check this online video course out:

Learning Aerial Photography with Drones

On the right hand side you see the contents list. There is a chapter called "Shooting strategies for panoramic images", that is free to watch. The course is definitely worth the cost, if you want to learn seriously.

(I have nothing to do with linda.com, just found this and wanted to share it with you)

Show us your panos once you did it!

Reactions: Davidwh
Hmmm...I thought you needed 34 photos. Is this video not valid? (I haven't tried this yet, but also didn't question whether it would really work).

Reactions: Neted076
Hi. If you want to be serious with panos (and other film and photography taking with your Mavic), check this online video course out:

Learning Aerial Photography with Drones

On the right hand side you see the contents list. There is a chapter called "Shooting strategies for panoramic images", that is free to watch. The course is definitely worth the cost, if you want to learn seriously.

(I have nothing to do with linda.com, just found this and wanted to share it with you)

Show us your panos once you did it!
First attempt at a 360 pano......I was waiting to start work last night so I put the Mavic up. It's not very inspiring but it's a start. There is just one area of the sky I am not happy with, all together 52 photo's stitched together with MS ICE
David Whitehead

Agreed....not bad. I can see some stitch lines, but it still looks pretty good - my opinion anyway.

Reactions: Davidwh
tried a pano 180 tonight. seemed to go well except two or three times the camera didnt focus before taking the pic which might argue for being higher up before starting? so camera isn't shifting focus as much. any thoughts?

Never attempted this before so I apologise if this is a dumb post. I will be attempting my first pano with Litchi and I was wondering what people use to create a 360 pano. What tweaks should made to the Litchi settings or is it ok leave the settings as they already are. Years ago I did some panoramic's with my slr and it appeared better to have as many photo's as possible to play with. I was planning to do something similar with the Mavic before stitching them together with MS Image Composite Editor....any tips????
Many thanks
I've been using Kolor Auto Pano Giga 4.2 (sample output Tomash)

My settings for Litchi are 5 rows, 8 pictures per row and 2 nadir (42 images in total)

Autopano produces a 200mpix image that I edit in in photoshop to add the black border at the top and square up the image, then resize it down to 30mpix 7776x3888 (approx 10meg jpg final output). I then update the metadata properties and set the camera maker to SAMSUNG and the model to SM-C200 (this makes facebook recognise the photo as a sphere)

I did find that adding a delay of 0.05 seconds to each shot seems to result in higher quality images. I also noticed that forest areas are tough to stitch, and that 200ft seems to be a good altitude to take spheres from.

Reactions: Qoncussion
I have found Litchi does an pretty good job of capture too. I am happy with 4 rows + 2 nadirs totalling 34 images. However I could well get away with 3 rows judging by Hangar only needing 23 images. 5 rows seems too many considering we tend to distribute online to Facebook and other online repositories that lose a lot of the detail. I don't need to pause between shots with Litchi. I suspect this is related to how much hp your mobile device has.

I am sure Autopano is great software but it is expensive way to go. MSICE being a free alternative for stitching. But I still need photoshop to do the canvas size 2:1 tweak and it is paid software.

But really it is hard to beat Hangar 360 which is totally free product that automates the entire process from end to end. All going well you push about 5 buttons and 20 minutes after landing you get this https://world.hangar.com/three-sixty/mrp9Key0
Downside it is a bit hit and miss in the processing phase. So it pays to take a second sequence in Hangar or Litchi as a backup.

Been trying to do the Litchi Panos myself the past week or so, then stitch with Hugin. They don't turn out too good......been waiting for months for Hangar360 to go Android, but it looks like it ain't happening. Too bad, 360 pics from Mavic are awesome, wish there was a decent way to do them for the Android users.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02