DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi questions

Elgreco3

Reactions
Hi guys. Just looking into litchi as I am expecting a zoom 2 with the SC combo.
Where should I start looking into how to get into it?
Is it a different version for the pc and Android?
How does it get installed to the SC?
Where do I start basically?
What does it cost?

Sorry for the questions, just looking for a directions. Too many questions for now.. Lol

Thanks.

You should start with DJI Go4 and learn the basics of your drone and how it works before advancing to another flying app.

Reactions: Tommy85
You should start with DJI Go4 and learn the basics of your drone and how it works before advancing to another flying app.
I will definitely do this
I had a mavic mini
And I am familiar with flying (been flying rc helis for years)
Just researching ahead for possibilities.

Thanks.

What does it cost?

Sorry for the questions, just looking for a directions. Too many questions for now.. Lol

Thanks.

The "PC version" is just the Litchi hub website where you can view and create missions. It's free to use, but you'll need to purchase the Android or iOS version of Litchi to actually fly your drone with it. The Smart Controller uses Android I believe, so that is probably the version you want.

Reactions: Gindra
I dint have a SC but if I recall correctly you cannot purchase apps from the google play store you have to use amazon. Be sure to check before you plop down the money for litchi. Stay safe

I suggest the Litchi user guide as a good starting point:

Makes perfect sense! We don’t buy cars, guns, clothing, or drones without first checking the quality and specs. Why not the same for software.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
There are 2 versions of Litchi one for android, one for ios. You need the one that matches your phone/tablet operating system.

The PC part is free. You just set up an account and do your route planning from there. Have a look at Virtual Litchi Mission (also free) that can pass your planned route to Google Earth and you can then check how it would run in 3D and where the trees and obstacles are. Caveat - trees grow and building go up so you can't assume the google earth is aware of new building etc.

You have to buy the app in order to fly, and as was said earlier you get the one that suits what you use to fly with - Android or IOS. I have both and they both work very well.

As regards the smart controller, it is possible to load onto it and there are youtube tutorials for this. But as it's not an official version specifically for the SC There are flaws. One of which is inaccurate reporting of battery remaining.

What does it cost?

Thanks.
Litchi is the way to go. Brilliant program, plan missions on pc, ios or android, then upload when on site and watch drone do its thing!
Virtual Litchi Mission, by Namirda, (for pc), is free and allows you to plan a mission and fly it virtually in Google Earth.
I use it all the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras