DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - Reset Gimble key customization

ElvisIsDust

Reactions
Hi all. In the Litchi User Guide "Keys" section the following definition states...

Reset Gimbal: For the Mavic/Phantom 3-4/Spark: toggles the gimbal between horizon and looking down. For the Inspire 1-2: resets the gimbal yaw.

Can anyone please confirm that it does NOT toggle between horizon and straight down? My Mavic Air simply resets to the horizontal view each time the button is pressed. I can't seem to get it to point down. Would be an extra added benefit if it would do both. Any help is appreciated.

It does for me but I have a Mavic Pro. There’s another option on there called “gimbal pitch/yaw” try that one. For me it does the exact same thing

Hi Brett. You're the only person I've ever talked to on here. :) Appreciating your advice. Unfortunately gimble pitch/yaw affects nothing with my air. The reset gimble only resets to the horizontal and never to the vertical. So just out of curiosity, with your mavic pro, if your gimble angle were at say half way tilted down and your hit the reset gimble button, then it would pop up to the horiontal? Hit the button a second time and it pops down to the vertical? Then back and forth etc...? And gimble pitch yaw does exactly the same thing?

Hi Brett. You're the only person I've ever talked to on here. :) Appreciating your advice. Unfortunately gimble pitch/yaw affects nothing with my air. The reset gimble only resets to the horizontal and never to the vertical. So just out of curiosity, with your mavic pro, if your gimble angle were at say half way tilted down and your hit the reset gimble button, then it would pop up to the horiontal? Hit the button a second time and it pops down to the vertical? Then back and forth etc...? And gimble pitch yaw does exactly the same thing?

Haha thats really funny! I guess you just have really good questions that not many people know about and Litchi is kind of my area of greatest knowledge haha. I might even be stumped on this one though.

Yea for me on my Mavic Pro the “gimbal reset” and “gimbal pitch/yaw” do the exact same thing and like you said it will pitch to the horizon click it again and will pitch all the way down. The functionality is the exact same as it is in DJI Go 4.Is that how it works for you in DJI Go 4?

There’s a work around, theres a setting in Litchi gimbal settings called “gimbal gesture control.” With that you can swipe the screen in the direction you want the gimbal to move and how quickly and the gimbal will respond accordingly. So if you want to quickly look down just swipe real fast and over the whole screen and it will snap the camera all the way down. Alternatively you can swipe slowly and the camera will pitch down slowly. It’s pretty cool actually. Of course the down side is you have to take your finger off the control sticks to do it unfortunately.

Just doesn't seem to work the same on my Air. Gimbal Reset only resets to the 45 degree horizontal on both Litchi as well as DJI Go 4. Hit it once, it pops up to horizon. Hit it again, it does nothing but stays at horizon. The reason I want it to work is that I set my expo and gimble pitch speeds to super slow to improve my video footage smoothness. It can take some time to tilt that sucker down from 45 degrees to 90 degrees. And sometimes I just want to pop it down quickly for allignment purposes that aren't related to the video shot at all.

Now the "gimbal gesture control" I wasn't up to speed on yet, but this could be better than waiting for the gimble to tilt down at my preferred settings. However, since my tilt settings are so slow and smooth, I suspect that it slows down the sensitivity of the gesture control movements. I can't get it to tilt all the way down quickly with a single swipe. It usually takes three or so reswipes from top to bottom to bring her down to 90 degrees.

Perhaps I could tighten back up my gimbal tilt speed and buffer a little more to compensate but this brings me back to square one. Or perhaps I need to learn to lower my expectations a little in life and learn how to work within the limitations that are handed to me. I always question everything to death in an attempt to make things work more efficiently. I can't help it. It's in my nature. Thanks again, Brett.

Just doesn't seem to work the same on my Air. Gimbal Reset only resets to the 45 degree horizontal on both Litchi as well as DJI Go 4. Hit it once, it pops up to horizon. Hit it again, it does nothing but stays at horizon. The reason I want it to work is that I set my expo and gimble pitch speeds to super slow to improve my video footage smoothness. It can take some time to tilt that sucker down from 45 degrees to 90 degrees. And sometimes I just want to pop it down quickly for allignment purposes that aren't related to the video shot at all.

Now the "gimbal gesture control" I wasn't up to speed on yet, but this could be better than waiting for the gimble to tilt down at my preferred settings. However, since my tilt settings are so slow and smooth, I suspect that it slows down the sensitivity of the gesture control movements. I can't get it to tilt all the way down quickly with a single swipe. It usually takes three or so reswipes from top to bottom to bring her down to 90 degrees.

Perhaps I could tighten back up my gimbal tilt speed and buffer a little more to compensate but this brings me back to square one. Or perhaps I need to learn to lower my expectations a little in life and learn how to work within the limitations that are handed to me. I always question everything to death in an attempt to make things work more efficiently. I can't help it. It's in my nature. Thanks again, Brett.

When you swipe on the screen for gesture control, hold your finger on the screen at the end of your swipe and it will continue moving down or up.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM