DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Still Good?

Rogerc

Reactions
Upgraded to a M2P recently and want to expand my photo opportunties by using some of the features of Litchi.
Read a lot of post about Litchi and it seems that it is not as well liked as it once was.

Is it still a good APP for the M2P as of July 2019?

Just seems to more complaints recently.
Do you use it now and like it? Why or Why not?
It there something similar out now that others are using and like?
Thanks
RC

Last edited:
Is it still a good APP for the M2P as of July 2019?
Any reason why you don't want to use DJI GO? Are you looking for a feature that DJI GO doesn't provide?

I use it almost daily. I like it now just as much (if not more) than I did when I first tried it years ago.

Granted the DJI Go4 app does have most of the same bells & whistles are Litchi I still like Litchi better but probably because I'm more used to it.

It's a great program and the more you learn about it the more you learn you can DO more... that's a Win-WIN.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I use Litchi with my Mavic Air and love it. Especially like the ability to create missions on their FlyLitchi website and export them into Google Earth to check them out before actually flying them.

I use Litchi when I want to preplan a shoot using waypoints in the comfort of my chair. Great to preview the flight through Virtual Litchi Mission / Google Earth. I use Go4 for everything else.

Reactions: Teleman and Dan C
I use Litchi when I want to preplan a shoot using waypoints in the comfort of my chair. Great to preview the flight through Virtual Litchi Mission / Google Earth.

If you like working or playing with Litchi you may want to give Dronelink I try.

It has a very neat Preview right in the mission planner, you don't have to go outside the app like to GE to see what the mission looks like. There is thread on here about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan C
If you like working or playing with Litchi you may want to give Dronelink I try.

It has a very neat Preview right in the mission planner, you don't have to go outside the app like to GE to see what the mission looks like. Their is thread on here about it.

Thanks for the tip!

Any reason why you don't want to use DJI GO? Are you looking for a feature that DJI GO doesn't provide?
MISSIONS

DJI Go is great for a lot of things, but the inability to create wayoints, camera controls, and other programmed actions is the reason many of us depart from DGI Go.

Autonomous flight also paves the way for consistency; predictability. We can fly a mission several times, tweaking actions until we get exactly the effect we are seeking. Very hard to do by hand.

I started out with Litchi, but ran into limitations and problems. Thanks to these forums, however, I found Dronelink. They are the way to go.

Introducing Dronelink

DJI Go is still very useful for a lot of stuff -- All the autonomous modes are great, and I do like hand-flying with DJI Go. But you can't program missions with it.

Reactions: HawkEye76
Well if you plan to do WP Missions, DJI GO... is a NO GO. Apart of the Mavic 2 API Bugs, which Go and Litchi share, the WP 2.0 is crap. Not only from a usability point of view but also in the quality in the app itself.

Reactions: Kazzaaz
Apart of the Mavic 2 API Bugs

I'm working on my own M2 waypoint app.
The API is... interesting to work with (why the hell are you going to expose a function and still block calls to it?!?!), but haven't found any outright bugs so far - granted I haven't gotten too deep yet. Can you explain a bit more what you are referring to?

Don't ask me which function is responsible, but if you focus on a POI and fly by from one WP to the next, (or circle around it) the camera movement (gimbal) is very jerky. No smooth filming is possible using these automatic modes. This only applies to the M2 and woks perfectly on the M1, Inspire and Phantom 3+4.
Complaints addressed to Litchi got the response it is caused by the DJI API, complaints addressed to DJI where not answered at all. (although in the DJI forum some moderator said this will be fixed with the next update.... some weeks ago)

We’ve all been hearing for almost a year that the fix is coming out in the next release. DGI obviously has no interest in fixing this maddening jerky issue in their flagship Mavic.

Don't ask me which function is responsible, but if you focus on a POI and fly by from one WP to the next, (or circle around it) the camera movement (gimbal) is very jerky. No smooth filming is possible using these automatic modes. This only applies to the M2 and woks perfectly on the M1, Inspire and Phantom 3+4.
Complaints addressed to Litchi got the response it is caused by the DJI API, complaints addressed to DJI where not answered at all. (although in the DJI forum some moderator said this will be fixed with the next update.... some weeks ago)
Out of curiosity, does the jerkiness occur when flying between two points with heading + gimbal angle commands?

If not, you will get much more accurate framing by manually flying your drone to a particular postion and camera orientation, record that in your plan, then moving to the next point and doing this again. Your composures will be way better. And if this works around the jerkiness problem.....

Out of curiosity, does the jerkiness occur when flying between two points with heading + gimbal angle commands?
Yes, exactly.
If not, you will get much more accurate framing by manually flying your drone to a particular postion and camera orientation, record that in your plan, then moving to the next point and doing this again. Your composures will be way better. And if this works around the jerkiness problem.....
It is the transition between two settings (specially the pan movement) which causes the jerkiness. Tilt works fine. E.g. using the focus function and flying straight up, everything is fine. But when flying sideways with this function the gimbal movement gets jerky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard