DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi vs VLOS.

Pstik

Reactions
I see many people use litchi and I think they are going or can go BVLOS. Is there a difference flying BVLOS manually or using a preprogrammed flight program As litchi ?

Reactions: Pilotti100
You first need to consider that it’s illegal in most countries to fly BVLOS without special permission (which few, if any, of the uploaders of long range videos would have). It’s also illegal to fly an autonomous waypoint mission without remaining in contact with the drone such that you could take control of it manually if necessary.

There is no difference. They are required to have VLOS or a visual observer the entire length of the flight.

Our local department, the Chula Vista Police, was recently issued the first waiver in the country to fly BVLOS. They have areas that are designated as controlled airspace specifically for training.

Last edited:
There is no difference. They are required to have VLOS or a visual observer the entire length of the flight.

Our local department, the Chula Vista Police, was recently issued the first waiver in the country to fly BVLOS. They have areas that are designated as controlled airspace specifically for training.
Actually they were the first to get a 107.31 while using a Skydio. There are actually 53 BVLOS waivers, the first one issued in 2016.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Isn't the only reason to have Litchi is to go BLOS? just askin ?
When I had a Phantom3 you could set waypoint's and it sure didn't take long to get tired of watching that.

Reactions: Pstik
Actually they were the first to get a 107.31 while using a Skydio. There are actually 53 BVLOS waivers, the first one issued in 2016.
Got it. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Isn't the only reason to have Litchi is to go BLOS? just askin [emoji56]
When I had a Phantom3 you could set waypoint's and it sure didn't take long to get tired of watching that.
Lots of ways to use waypoints and have VLOS when executing. Litchi's original reason for existence was so you could plan way points offline and on your PC, with more options.

Lots of ways to use waypoints and have VLOS when executing. Litchi's original reason for existence was so you could plan way points offline and on your PC, with more options.
That and perform repeat missions with ease of adjustments and also to capture cinematic shots at POI's which is what I mainly use it for, it is very consistant on gimbal movements from one point to the other and smoother than some videos I see out there. I actually don't remember mission hub being out at first but if you say, I'll take your word for it... I got Litchi and was doing it on flight tablet at first, maybe I didn't even know about mission hub :p

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll