DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi & waypoint mission building question

marklyn

Reactions
I think I'm going to make the switch to using Litchi for waypoint missions. Seems to be easier to setup and understand than anything DJI has right now, plus the ability to create a mission online is golden.
One question so far. I'm building a mission to follow a kind of winding creek for about 1.5 miles. As I lay down each waypoint I always have to go back and change the heading to match the direction I'm going, which is a pain when you have a lot of waypoints. I will want to record what's in front of me as I'm flying from waypoint to waypoint.
Is there some setting that automatically changes the heading to the same direction the drone is set to go for the next waypoint, or do I need to do each one manually?
Or maybe you can do this in the app after you build the mission online?

If there is no setting for this, I would hope this would be a viable suggestion for a future sw update.

Last edited:
You can choose within the app under mission settings (gear icon) for heading towards next waypoint.

ohhh. I don't have the app yet so I didn't know. Would be nice if you could do this online too.

I use my tablet alot for missions. It's an 8" i just sit at home with it setup the mission and save it. Go to the location and fly. For me the advantage is that the maps are cached at the time. Never used the online option. Probably too stubborn. [emoji38]

Can I ask a silly question, does Litchi also handle the take off and the landing as part of the mission planning too?

In other words, is a mission 100% autonomous?

You can start a mission from anywhere including take off.
You set the end of mission action on your device actually being used to fly so you can set RTH or just hover - at which point you can load a whole nuther mission.

Hope the thread is still active... otherwise I'll open a new one.
I am interested in "How To Build Missions On Google Earth and Import to DJI Go 4"
I have seen how to import in Litchi a mission prepared in Google Earth and saved in KML and the results are brilliant.
I do not have yet Litchi: is there a way to import the KML file in DJI Go4?
Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman