DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoint Missions

mrsr71

Reactions
Just purchased Litchi today on sale and started learning the ins & outs.

If I create a waypoint mission on my MacBook Pro, will I be able to open the same mission on my iPhone?

Thanks…Dan

It works that way for an Android Smartphone. If you are logged into Litchi on the PC and you log into the same account on your Smartphone, you will see the same missions. I do all my Missions on the PC.

Reactions: karlblessing
Yes the created mission is stored on the litchi server in your account. When you start litchi on your phone and sign in to litchi your phone mission folder is synched with the mothership. It will be on your mission list awaiting selection on the phone. Enjoy

Reactions: karlblessing
Be aware when you invoke your Litchi mission, the drone goes from its homepoint in a straight line to its first waypoint, so be sure it can do that without obstructions. I always throw in an extra waypoint at the expected takeoff point at the altitude of my first desired waypoint. This allows me to move that extra starting point to wherever I actually end up taking off from.
Explore virtual Litchi missions. (Google it). It will blow your mind.

Yes Dan. You can access it on your iPhone. The best thing to do after creating your mission is to turn on your drone at home where you have wifi and turn on your drone and open the Litchi app. Sign into your account and look for the mission in the Litchi file folder. It should be there. Once you have it in your phone's Litchi app you won't need wifi in the field.

One tip from experience....
As noted above in another reply, at the end of the mission if Litchi is set to RTH you must make sure that it will be higher than any buildings or obstacles as it makes its way back to the homepoint. After planning your mission I suggest opening Google Eartth Pro to check to see how high you need to be to clear those obstacles and set your RTH altitude accordingly. This adjustment can be done in the field before launching. Note that Google Earth shows the elevation in MSL (mean sea level) so you have to know the altitude above sea level of your homepoint to calculate the height buildings or obstacles. I didn't do this once and used the published height of a building and found myself 40 feet short of clearing the building. Fortunately my M2p's obstacle avoidance did its job and avoided what would have been a costly misjudgement.

Reactions: mereflyer
I check that mission is loaded on my tablet after saving mission you can do that without aircraft hooked up on andriod

I sure want to thank you all for the very informative responses. 👍

Reactions: @Rip
Use Virtual Litchi Mission with Google Earth to pre fly your missions:

Reactions: jrhoffman75
Use Virtual Litchi Mission with Google Earth to pre fly your missions:

↑↑↑↑↑ THIS! ↑↑↑↑↑

You can test fly your missions right from your home computer and make changes before you get out there flying. Indispensable. Just having this ability alone is worth the price of Litchi.

Reactions: AMann
↑↑↑↑↑ THIS! ↑↑↑↑↑

You can test fly your missions right from your home computer and make changes before you get out there flying. Indispensable. Just having this ability alone is worth the price of Litchi.
Doesn't work on a MAC.

The desktop version is a really good, you can simulate your flights on Google Earth to see if your drone tries to fly underground or through 3D buildings and trees before you actually fly it.

There’s a Chrome extension for it also. Just noticed it today so not sure about the functionality of it, but maybe an Apple can open that?
No problem with the Chrome extension. I don't know about Macs. It's Google Earth Pro so I don't see how it wouldn't work. Other than the Litchi app which costs $25 there aren't any other costs involved so definitely worth a try. The other thing that's cool with Litchi is that it has a VR function where you can fly FPV with a suub $30 VR headset. It's not the same experience as DJI Goggles 2, but the VR goggles don't cost $439 either.

Works just fine on a MacBook Pro. This is explained well on the Litchi site. The link to the chrome extension is on the site as I recall.

Reactions: @Rip
You can find discussion of the Mac version, and a source, here:

JUST TO ADD,
you want to set your first waypoint to where you're taking off from(if AT ALL possible), as this is what the rest of the mission's altitude calculations are based on.
For example, if your takeoff point is 10m lower than the point you set as WP1, the drone will fly to ALL waypoints 10m lower than the altitude you set at each.

Depending on your location, obviously. google earth does not have elevation data for absolutely all locations.
I have to fly some missions in advance to record elevation data from the "home point" FYI. I ended up using waypoints in the "GO" app. they work great at least for me. (Note: I do use litchi)

I am using Litchi with my M2P to create a waypoint exploration of a lake near Redding. The extension to export the mission to Google Earth and TEST FLY the mission from my MacBook was valuable. I now have in addition a Mavic 3 which does not a Litchi version. I don’t know if other control programs export to Google Earth. The learning curve was fun actually. There well may be other programs to use but I have enjoyed the planning and testing that Litchi enabled.

I am using Litchi with my M2P to create a waypoint exploration of a lake near Redding. The extension to export the mission to Google Earth and TEST FLY the mission from my MacBook was valuable. I now have in addition a Mavic 3 which does not a Litchi version. I don’t know if other control programs export to Google Earth. The learning curve was fun actually. There well may be other programs to use but I have enjoyed the planning and testing that Litchi enabled.
Litchi is great. Which lake ... Whiskytown? Bunches of water in the area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard