DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi will not enter area - MVZ

GlynRDav

Reactions
i can take off and fly in one direction, but in the oposite direction, the aircraft slows to 0 kph and will not go further in that direction. there is a fountain in the middle of a pond, but i flew higher (30m) to see if that will affect it, but still not able to move in that direction.
i have not downloaded any map s/w which will mark no-fly areas, so i don't think that is the issue.
for ref, i am in South Africa.
any ideas, please?
TIA
Glyn

Have you checked DJI's FlySafe map to see if there is a NFZ in that area?

The drone itself has an internal NFZ database from DJI, so it doesn't matter what app you are using to control the drone, the drone won't enter those areas unless they are unlocked (via DJI Go 4 or DJI's self-unlock website).

thanks guys. I looked at the map and found that where the aircraft stops is the edge of a restricted area which has unlocking available.
Pity, i want to video some model trains.
I tried to unlock it but the serial number in DJI go4 is N/A. do you know how i can get one? i bought it from a private person.
TIA
Glyn

thanks guys. I looked at the map and found that where the aircraft stops is the edge of a restricted area which has unlocking available.
Pity, i want to video some model trains.
I tried to unlock it but the serial number in DJI go4 is N/A. do you know how i can get one? i bought it from a private person.
TIA
Glyn

Serial number should be on a label under the battery as well. But usually you don't need the serial number if you unlock directly in DJI Go 4, just if you want to do it off-line on DJI's website.

Try DJIGO4 as mentioned above. Make sure you have internet connectivity when doing so (of course)

Here is the pertinent DJI tutorial that advises one how to complete this using DJIGO4

This was helpful . Can’t recall seeing this in the manual? But, I just got my M2Pro and will have review the manual.

I tries the flight again today and the AC would still not enter the restricted area although i had used the online option to unlock it. A message told me that i could not enter the "nearby" area but no option to unlock it without internet access was offered
i don't have internet access from there.

Having permission to unlock for that day, should I be able to fly into that area? Or is there something I need to do before it is unlocked?
Any ideas please?
TIA

I tries the flight again today and the AC would still not enter the restricted area although i had used the online option to unlock it. A message told me that i could not enter the "nearby" area but no option to unlock it without internet access was offered
i don't have internet access from there.

Having permission to unlock for that day, should I be able to fly into that area? Or is there something I need to do before it is unlocked?
Any ideas please?
TIA

After you use the online option, make sure you open DJI Go 4 at a place where you have internet access. This will allow the app to download the permissions from DJI. You can confirm by selecting "Me", then "More", then "GEO Zone Unlocking Applications" in the app.

Then you should be able to load the authorization to the aircraft using DJI Go 4.

I think you still will need to use DJI Go 4 first in the field upon each power up of the drone to confirm the authorization on the screen. After that you can switch to Lichi or whatever your preferred flying app is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada