DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litra torch or Lume Cube?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3792

I’m looking for a ”top notch” lights to my Mavic. Besides the Lume Cube I found Litra torch, Any suggestions about this? Not the cheapest out there.

I’m looking for a ”top notch” lights to my Mavic. Besides the Lume Cube I found Litra torch, Any suggestions about this? Not the cheapest out there.

At $184 USD it is likely one of the most expensive. Noticed the site had no reviews. Must be new product.
How much does it weigh?

At $184 USD it is likely one of the most expensive. Noticed the site had no reviews. Must be new product.
How much does it weigh?
90 grams, /3,17 ounces each. + the holder. I’ve just got 20% rip off If I order now. I’m pretty close to push the trigger button.

The video (at 1 min 30 sec) indicates that the LitraTorch contains a magnet to attach it to ferromagnetic surfaces. My Mavic Pro has magnetic interference warnings and switches compasses when it gets within 6 feet of the magnets in the bilge pumps in my boat. I’m not certain that putting a magnet on your drone is a good idea! Perhaps there is a version without the magnet?

The video (at 1 min 30 sec) indicates that the LitraTorch contains a magnet to attach it to ferromagnetic surfaces. My Mavic Pro has magnetic interference warnings and switches compasses when it gets within 6 feet of the magnets in the bilge pumps in my boat. I’m not certain that putting a magnet on your drone is a good idea! Perhaps there is a version without the magnet?
Get the drone edition... same price, no magnet.

Well @Viking .. you spent some more of my money! ;)

I just ordered the 2 light kit with mount... had a discount credit at Adorama, so did it there.... $170 USD shipped second day air. So I’ll try out the dual Litra Torch v2 next week.

Reactions: Deleted member 3792
Well @Viking .. you spent some more of my money! ;)

I just ordered the 2 light kit with mount... had a discount credit at Adorama, so did it there.... $170 USD shipped second day air. So I’ll try out the dual Litra Torch v2 next week.
I’m so glad for you.? I’m going to order today and Hopefully they will arrive within 14 days or so. Here in Sweden the autumn has just arrived with rain, cold and next week the winter stud tyres will come on. After that probably there will be some testing my own Litra Torch, I hope they is good value for the money.

I’m so glad for you.? I’m going to order today and Hopefully they will arrive within 14 days or so. Here in Sweden the autumn has just arrived with rain, cold and next week the winter stud tyres will come on. After that probably there will be some testing my own Litra Torch, I hope they is good value for the money.
Me2!
I have friend there. He’s dreading the winter.
Good luck with your lights. We’ll have to post reviews here after we’ve tested.

I have been using the LumeCube on the Mavic 2 Zoom 80% of the time and 20% on the Autel Evo. I have them tuned in well for Video and photo. After a few weeks researching the Litra Torch 2.0 non-mag style I may opt to get the Drone edition...

I use the LumeCubes with my M2Zoom which work great! A little cumbersome and heavy though. Don’t try to climb to high to fast because I’ve noticed that I’ll get an “motor strain” type error message, I don’t remember what it actually says. But they do their job!

I use the LumeCubes with my M2Zoom which work great! A little cumbersome and heavy though. Don’t try to climb to high to fast because I’ve noticed that I’ll get an “motor strain” type error message, I don’t remember what it actually says. But they do their job!
I am very **** keeping a close eye on the RPMs, motor strain, motor temp. Yes it does go from 520 rpm to 605 rpm using the lumeCubes. I dont gets errors at all but who's to say after running this lumecube setup for awhile might weaking the motors to the point messages may appear. I have to compare all might LumeCube usage data with the Litra-torch, rpms, strain, heat etc.

Reactions: MrSoulier
If you use your camera ship, as a camera ship, not as a fpv racer, you'll be fine. I have the Lume Cube setup, and never had an issue. Like above, took a bit to get them set (and left alone) for night imaging.
Yes, these do add considerable weight/mass, but if you take it easy, and fly for the imaging, you'll be fine.

Reactions: Bobvt
I have original Lume Cubes as well on MP1 and love them. The added weight does cut down a couple minutes of flight time but they make flying at night (yes it’s still legal as a hobbyist more fun and a lot safer (I use strobes as well)). A new version 2.0 of the Lume Cubes came out today and offer what looks like an easier to use button arrangement, a little better light temperature, and a better throw of light. I don’t use mine for search and rescue so the light the original cubes put out is fine for me but could be worth checking out for potential comparison to the M2E with the spotlight.

Me2!
It seems that my package is stuck in Compton CA, but hopefull DHL will kick it further this way soon.?✈️. I’ve heard that drone delivery is the new thing?

It seems that my package is stuck in Compton CA, but hopefull DHL will kick it further this way soon.?✈. I’ve heard that drone delivery is the new thing?
Got mine last Friday... Dual Litralites and mount. They mount well on my M2P. Still working on testing it and the Freewell variable ND filters.... grandchildren’s birthdays slowing me down a bit.:)

Curious, what is your planned use for the lights?

Me2!
And He said ”let there be light”. Holy smoke how bright these are! Just tested outside but not in the air yet because it’s to windy. But so far it’s good bang for the buck.E7B658AE-FF31-46DF-9658-B1F6983FBB09.jpeg

If you don’t have a lens hood you will have to much light and glares incoming from the sides from the torch if your plan is to make any movie.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut