DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little cracks in body battery Mavic pro

Petje

Reactions
Today i was making a test fly, and after this I saw that there were cracks in 2 of my batteries. I didn't fly for 3 months.
The third battery does't have cracks. Is this a known problem?
a832194768e4d1ea7c20d09519492c76.jpg
b78dfb4cf3621654188f8a6e90c73b24.jpg

I storend the batteries at normal room remperature. 20 degrees. You can't see any damage on the back or side of the battery.
The cracks are only on the top of the battery.
06783295c30ab0f033c1a629fd11ba7c.jpg
ab0ce7fde8056108d18606ff5dcc254f.jpg
05a28e953ee1f4653a4c923cb95217f8.jpg
0a33b243e4b2d10472533d5e9b451158.jpg

Well, I think they might have puffed. That means that the battery inside might have outgrown the battery case. If it were me, I would not fly with them, but I like to be safe.

You can try to charge them and see what happens. I would charge them outside, in a well ventilated area, that is not near anything flammable, maybe in the middle of a field.

Common defect both on the aircraft (particularly the nose) and batteries after a few months even when they're in perfect condition.

Plastic is thin and the moulding must not be perfect and lead to some internal stresses that can show up after a while.

Common defect both on the aircraft (particularly the nose) and batteries after a few months even when they're in perfect condition.

Plastic is thin and the moulding must not be perfect and lead to some internal stresses that can show up after a while.

Sorry but the Mavic does not have a history of having stress cracks in the nose over time, neither do the batteries.

Any deformation in the nose of the Mavic comes like that new from the factory.

The only drone I know of that had stress cracks was the Phantom series, and the motor pods developed cracks from the vibration, over time. My easy fix was to take the motors out and lay a base of flexible adhesive, then remount the motors. Never had an issue with cracks after that.

I've seen numerous reports of this, and my friend's Mavic has it on the nose. There may have been a deformation from day one, but it only got noticed when it turned into a crack after a few months.

I've seen numerous reports of this, and my friend's Mavic has it on the nose. There may have been a deformation from day one, but it only got noticed when it turned into a crack after a few months.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. (Im waxing poetic today).

I have seen hundreds of Mavic bodies, and I can say that not a single one I have ever seen has a stress crack. Maybe your friend just got unlucky. Some of these have the deformation from the factory which I have come to get used to seeing. Never had one fail because of it.

Here are just a few from crashed drones that I keep as souvenirs. The only damage to them, even after being augered into the ground, is some bent plastic. The only damage that keeps these bodies from flying again is the broken "screw pillars" inside the cover. Once one of them is cracked, the whole body is comprised.

Mavic bodies with no stress cracks.jpg

Reactions: Gazmg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa