DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little update on Mavic loss.

Grungymike95

Reactions
Posted a thread couple of days ago whining about my lost Mavic, and boycotting DJI. I'm aware that it was my fault for 1.flying behind buildings. 2. for not setting a high enough RTH altitude. Just thought I'd mention that and make it clear that I'm not here to reopen the thread.

Anyway, Called DJI (again) yesterday, out of curiosity of what they're able to do in my situation to help out in any way. They ended up giving a 15% percent off towards a new Mavic without RC. Just thought I'd put that out there. I may end up using the discount myself, or giving it to someone that's In the market for a mavic. Also wanted to apologize if I came off rude to some of you guys on here that tried to help and give feedback.

Thanks. Thats all.

Posted a thread couple of days ago whining about my lost Mavic, and boycotting DJI. I'm aware that it was my fault for 1.flying behind buildings. 2. for not setting a high enough RTH altitude. Just thought I'd mention that and make it clear that I'm not here to reopen the thread.

Anyway, Called DJI (again) yesterday, out of curiosity of what they're able to do in my situation to help out in any way. They ended up giving a 15% percent off towards a new Mavic without RC. Just thought I'd put that out there. I may end up using the discount myself, or giving it to someone that's In the market for a mavic. Also wanted to apologize if I came off rude to some of you guys on here that tried to help and give feedback.

Thanks. Thats all.
That's a first for DJI. Good work. If you're not interested, I was thinking about getting a Mavic as a present for someone. I might use it.

Reactions: AyeYo

Thanks. Thats all.

i wasn't aware of the previous post but respect your apology and sorry for your loss bro.i know ii sucks losing a mavic

Forums are a great way to learn from others and share experiences.

Sometimes they end up in the gutter, but generally speaking, I have been impressed by the lack of personal attacks and insults on here.

In any event, you are a gentleman, and I wish you the best.

I still wish he'd upload the flightlog :)

I love a mystery, well, the solving of it anyway. The drone lost in Arizona by a foreign tourist(Pablo) and found by a forum member was totally awesome.

Sometimes they end up in the gutter, but generally speaking, I have been impressed by the lack of personal attacks and insults on here.
Cause I get em before you see em if I can .
And guys let's not start up about them logs.
Malavic...
IMG_7954.GIF
;)

Reactions: Fplvert
Forums are a great way to learn from others and share experiences.

In any event, you are a gentleman, and I wish you the best.

Thanks dude. There' are definitely some good people on this forum. And
I still wish he'd upload the flightlog :)

I love a mystery, well, the solving of it anyway. The drone lost in Arizona by a foreign tourist(Pablo) and found by a forum member was totally awesome.

Here ya go

Thanks dude. There' are definitely some good people on this forum. And

Here ya go

Mate dont give up, buy a new one and go have fun really. One thing you had two prop warnings come up for loose props, not sure if you noticed them was the Mavic stable in flight before you lost it. I know it was signal loss that caused the problem. Just curious as to the prop warnings.

Edited to say it was asking for a compass calibration before take off. with that and the lose prop warnings i wonder if that had a lot to do with the resulting RTH failing

We should have someone like Dog the Bounty Hunter , only he tracks down and recovers lost drones . He could probably make a decent living off just lost Mavics .

We should have someone like Dog the Bounty Hunter , only he tracks down and recovers lost drones . He could probably make a decent living off just lost Mavics .
we do in fact we have many MSinger, Cyberpwoer, RobbyG, Bud walker, RF man, among others, between them i think they pretty much have it covered.

What we should have is a database of people they can call to go an SAR with their own Mavics, thunderbird style ha ha ha ha .

Mate dont give up, buy a new one and go have fun really. One thing you had two prop warnings come up for loose props, not sure if you noticed them was the Mavic stable in flight before you lost it. I know it was signal loss that caused the problem. Just curious as to the prop warnings.

Edited to say it was asking for a compass calibration before take off. with that and the lose prop warnings i wonder if that had a lot to do with the resulting RTH failing

The loose prob warning has been showing up since day one I started flying. I brought that up with DJI when I noticed it, they told me to put on new probs, and if it still gives you that same warning, it's probably just a software glitch, and should be safe to ignore it.

The loose prob warning has been showing up since day one I started flying. I brought that up with DJI when I noticed it, they told me to put on new probs, and if it still gives you that same warning, it's probably just a software glitch, and should be safe to ignore it.

Wow i am surprised DJI told you to ignore safety warnings they put their for just that reason. History now but it would have been back in their hands the moment i had no resolution from the prop change.

I am not saying they did not tell you, just surprised although i should not be as in my trade i often have to override a security/safety warning as a software glitch and get a driver to continue. Although the moment its back, its in the workshop and only an engineer having checked it over can give the ok for it to continue. (we are carrying 80 people at a time though).

That kind of statement is like saying yea we made this **** but take no notice of it coz its meaningless in reality.

As for the compass calibration you will have to rely on others here to take you through the consequences of that. That is not my field by any means.

That prop warning would mean a grounded Mavic for me but that is just me.

I watched my 1200 toy go up over the boat and crash into the water and go 30ft down in FL last year over spring break.

Couldn't sleep :( lots of us have been there brother!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000