DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live Streaming A Charity Event

TR Ganey

Reactions
I have a charity event coming up in a couple weeks that I am supposed to "live stream" to their FB page. I went to the location today just to do a dry run and make sure all would go well. Everything seemed to go well until I realized that it was streaming to my FB page instead of the event page. When I set the ipad up to do the live stream I chose that page as the target of the live stream but when I went back to the page where you activate the "live stream" it keeps putting my personal account up. I am the owner of the event page and have all admin privileges. I would definitely appreciate some assistance.

Wow, I can't believe that I am the only one to ever try to do this? Or is it just so simple that y'all figure you'd be wasting your time trying to explain if I can't figure it out on my own. LOL

Thanks to all who have viewed the question. Once I figure it out maybe I'll be able to help someone else down the road.

Wish I could help here but I can't.
I will say that your snarkiness isn't going to help you get assistance from people. Maybe those who saw the post just don't have an answer for you?

Regardless I'd love to see how you make out and yes, posting your solution here will more than likely assist someone else that may have the same issue in the future.

Wish I could help here but I can't.
I will say that your snarkiness isn't going to help you get assistance from people. Maybe those who saw the post just don't have an answer for you?

Regardless I'd love to see how you make out and yes, posting your solution here will more than likely assist someone else that may have the same issue in the future.

Really sorry you took my remark as being “snarky”!

It really wasn’t meant to be. Hopefully I’ll have an answer soon and we all can benefit. After all isn’t that what this forum is all about.

I have a charity event coming up in a couple weeks that I am supposed to "live stream" to their FB page. I went to the location today just to do a dry run and make sure all would go well. Everything seemed to go well until I realized that it was streaming to my FB page instead of the event page. When I set the ipad up to do the live stream I chose that page as the target of the live stream but when I went back to the page where you activate the "live stream" it keeps putting my personal account up. I am the owner of the event page and have all admin privileges. I would definitely appreciate some assistance.
I haven't done streaming or do social media but I will take a guess.
Do you have a Default account setting (your personal one) with DJI or the DJI app that it is pulling from instead of what the iPad streaming app is telling it to use (if that makes sense).
Once again, just a guess...

Only ever streamed video to an FB homepage; hurricane watch from an outdoor security cam. Wish I had some wisdom to offer regarding streaming to a secondary account. Will be watching for the resolution though!

Is this kind of activity for 107 flyers only; covering a charity event?

Pay Dirt! Success at last!

I had to go to the FB page and click on "live" and when the page comes up there is a couple places near the bottom that contain some information.

One is "sever URL" and the other is "persistent stream key"

You have to copy both of these and put the information into the "Go4" app on the ipad to create a custom streaming connection.

The catch is that you need a second device logged on to the FB page so that when you activate the drone to "go live" you can use the second device to choose "connect" and then "go live" on the FB page. If you try to do it with the ipad it will stop the stream.

I have to give a huge shout out to Erica Starling of Ashville NC for spending hours on face time with me to get this to work!! Where there is a will there is a way!

Only ever streamed video to an FB homepage; hurricane watch from an outdoor security cam. Wish I had some wisdom to offer regarding streaming to a secondary account. Will be watching for the resolution though!

Is this kind of activity for 107 flyers only; covering a charity event?
In the US you would need your 107 cert to do this. It is providing a service, not flying for fun.

In the US you would need your 107 cert to do this. It is providing a service, not flying for fun.
From what I understand that is only if compensation is involved. Do you have a link to where it states otherwise?

You do not have to be compensated. Any flight other than just for fun (in the USA) requires the 107 certification.

This is the link to recreational flying rules/guidelines Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations. Guideline number 2 is the rule in a nutshell. If it is not strictly for fun (you are promoting a charity event with live video on social media a.k.a. furtherance of a cause) then it is not a recreational flight and requires a 107 certification.

I don’t necessarily agree with the letter of the law, but it is the law. I would love to do Search and Rescue work with my aircraft, but I’ll need to pay the $150 fee (and pass the test) for the privilege of volunteering.

I figured it was 107 territory.

I imagine I will get there someday, but right now just getting my feet wet with my MPP, and not looking to encroach on the boundary of my recreational certificate. I would like to take videos of some dual sport motorcycle events that I am associated with. I guess I will need to make some statement in the description about not allowing any commercial use of my videos, if I upload them to YouTube or Vimeo?

You do not have to be compensated. Any flight other than just for fun (in the USA) requires the 107 certification.

This is the link to recreational flying rules/guidelines Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations. Guideline number 2 is the rule in a nutshell. If it is not strictly for fun (you are promoting a charity event with live video on social media a.k.a. furtherance of a cause) then it is not a recreational flight and requires a 107 certification.

I don’t necessarily agree with the letter of the law, but it is the law. I would love to do Search and Rescue work with my aircraft, but I’ll need to pay the $150 fee (and pass the test) for the privilege of volunteering.
Thanks for the reply. Number two to me is too big of a nutshell. For the "pilot" it could still be recreational (just to have fun). That could be argued in court.
It seems it will never be learned that creating laws does not fix anything, it just messes it up for everyone and the law breakers keep on doing it. What is really needed is education and that applies to most all our problems, but I don't see that happening in my lifetime...

I figured it was 107 territory.

I imagine I will get there someday, but right now just getting my feet wet with my MPP, and not looking to encroach on the boundary of my recreational certificate. I would like to take videos of some dual sport motorcycle events that I am associated with. I guess I will need to make some statement in the description about not allowing any commercial use of my videos, if I upload them to YouTube or Vimeo?
You can shoot events like that for fun and post them to the social media sites. What others do with it as far as linking to it is mostly their concern. Now if you are shooting and allowing your Motocross Club to use the footage to promote the club and membership that would be subject to furtherance of a cause even if no money is changing hands. I

Yes, and that is exactly where I'm at. So I should keep any video to myself until I get the proper certification.
Wonder if a 107 certification would allow previous recreational certificate videos to be used?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent