DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live Video Transmission Issue - Choppy/Greyed out, can't see!

unohowitis

Reactions
Hi,

I have had my Mavic 2 Zoom for quite some time now, and just recently whenever I try to fly it, the video signal/visual on my phone screen when plugged into the controller is either very choppy or pauses completely and greys out, so I basically can't see what the drone is seeing at all. Still have full control and GPS/map positioning but no picture. Makes it very difficult to fly and get shots as I'm effectively flying blind. I have been searching across multiple forums and can't seem to find the same issue or a fix anywhere.

I have;

Updated firmware on drone and controller
Power-cycled drone and controller
Ensured there is plenty of space on drone and SD card
Turned drone and controller on in different order
Attempted flying in multiple different locations

please help!

Hi,

I have had my Mavic 2 Zoom for quite some time now, and just recently whenever I try to fly it, the video signal/visual on my phone screen when plugged into the controller is either very choppy or pauses completely and greys out, so I basically can't see what the drone is seeing at all. Still have full control and GPS/map positioning but no picture. Makes it very difficult to fly and get shots as I'm effectively flying blind. I have been searching across multiple forums and can't seem to find the same issue or a fix anywhere.

I have;

Updated firmware on drone and controller
Power-cycled drone and controller
Ensured there is plenty of space on drone and SD card
Turned drone and controller on in different order
Attempted flying in multiple different locations

please help!
What are you using for phone/tablet (assuming, of course, it's not a smart controller)? Have you tried different device if not using SC?

Joe

firstly welcome to the forum
it sounds like it could be a faulty cable between the RC and your device, do you use the side connector or the USB at the bottom of the RC to connect to your screen
the side connector is very easy to damage if you do not have it the right way up ,try a new cable from the bottom USB ,the only other thing is that one of the camera cables ,that are part of the Gimbal ,has been compromised or even the camera itself

firstly welcome to the forum
it sounds like it could be a faulty cable between the RC and your device, do you use the side connector or the USB at the bottom of the RC to connect to your screen
the side connector is very easy to damage if you do not have it the right way up ,try a new cable from the bottom USB ,the only other thing is that one of the camera cables ,that are part of the Gimbal ,has been compromised or even the camera itself
Hi, thanks for your response!

I use the little side cable to connect the RC to the phone. I will try ordering a new cable and see if that makes any difference. Do you know how I can get the RC and drone looked at by a technician if I'm struggling to find the fault myself? What would be the process for that?

@unohowitis ,cant really help with the repair services in Oz but i am sure someone with local knowledge will chip in ,it is better to use the USB at the bottom of the RC to connect to your device if you can ,just make sure you do not have anything plugged into the side port, or it will not work ,the bottom port is more robust ,and is less easily damaged ,just use the side port for charging the RC

Just today I'm having exactly the same problem.
I too have a Samsung Galaxy S21, and I use the USB connection at the bottom of the controler and still no luck.
I can take pictues and video but I cant see them at all on my phone.
I uninstalled AVG anyi virus thunking that might be the culprit, but its not.
Everything else is oprating normally, including the gimbal.
I'm wondering if this is going to become a normal wear and tear isue with the Mavic 2 Zoom, it would be very dissapointing if it was, but t seems lately that a few of us are suddenly having this issue?
Im wondering if the Samsung Galaxy S21 has anything to do with it?
Would be nice if somone could confirm for us?
Cheers guys

Just today I'm having exactly the same problem.
I too have a Samsung Galaxy S21, and I use the USB connection at the bottom of the controler and still no luck.
I can take pictues and video but I cant see them at all on my phone.
I uninstalled AVG anyi virus thunking that might be the culprit, but its not.
Everything else is oprating normally, including the gimbal.
I'm wondering if this is going to become a normal wear and tear isue with the Mavic 2 Zoom, it would be very dissapointing if it was, but t seems lately that a few of us are suddenly having this issue?
Im wondering if the Samsung Galaxy S21 has anything to do with it?
Would be nice if somone could confirm for us?
Cheers guys
Hey great news!

The problem lies with the Galaxy S21
I have never flown with the S21 before, only a S8 and it always worked fine.
I just connected to my wifes Ipad and it works fine.
So there is at lease one fix for the problem

Now to see what I can do about the S21!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78