DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loc8ter tracker for Mavic mod

1. I have an Iphone 7 plus which keeps cutting off the camera and just showing a blank screen. It does work if I keep reconnecting.

2. When I use my Ipad mini this does not happen. I Have no cellular data on the Ipad mini. Has anyone had issues with the Iphone 7 Plus staying connected.

2. I took some footage today with my Ipad mini (which does not have cellular data) when I took the SD card out and placed in PC to show the footage nothing was there. How does the footage get transferred on to the SD card.

Many thanks Rob
Rob, good question. I would start a new thread to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Do you have a photo where you have put yours?
1e6f4cc5b3ff5eca54c49ecd39dc39ee.jpg

df139a439faad65e0ed12a60e2386110.jpg

Extended front landing gear legs - cheap enough to drill and put cable ties through. Well away from the compasses and GPS, although they are near the antennae in the front legs of the mavic but I've never noticed any adverse effects of having my rf-v16 GPS tracker and now also the Loc8tor there.

Guess the other option is to Velcro it to the battery?
That's probably OK also, it's only a tiny magnet in the tag so in the middle fairly well away from both the front and back compasses should be OK, but then you have to keep swapping it around between batteries.

I use the GetterBack too, strapped under the rear strut when I am flying near water. Needs to be tight. If that baby comes loose it could touch the prop and all hell will break loose.

This is how I've come up with tracker and finding. So far I've had no problems with just velcro. If it comes off - we'll, I'll just track it.... :)IMG_20170512_114532.jpg IMG_20170512_114532.jpg IMG_20170512_114433.jpg

Reactions: geigy
View attachment 12419 Thanks for the tips, I ended up gluing it on the rear leg extension like this. I was inside and still able to get 10 satellite in the GPS. Do you think this would affect The GPS satellites being lower?
I have had this in the back rear mounting bracket and so far I have been getting 15-18 sats. It seems to be working well.

Reactions: geigy
Hi,

Just sharing, I don't know how well this will work if I have a fly away but it doesn't seem to be interfering with anything. I mounted the cube to the rear landing gear extension. On the bottom are 2 Firehouse Technology strobe lights, red and white which offer a really cool visual effect, you can see them from pretty far, they are bright. ($30ea on Amazon)
IMG_1607.jpg IMG_1608.jpg

Reactions: jimapp
1e6f4cc5b3ff5eca54c49ecd39dc39ee.jpg

df139a439faad65e0ed12a60e2386110.jpg

Extended front landing gear legs - cheap enough to drill and put cable ties through. Well away from the compasses and GPS, although they are near the antennae in the front legs of the mavic but I've never noticed any adverse effects of having my rf-v16 GPS tracker and now also the Loc8tor there.
Wouldn't it be easy for those a extensions to come off in a crash? I have the Getterbacks also but mine are connected to the bracket on the bottom. I used a small Velcro strip wrapped over the battery to keep the devices away from sensors. I fly mostly around the Gulf of Mexico so water is a constant worry. No problems so far. Easy to remove when not around water also.

Attachments

• IMG_5100.JPG
    IMG_5100.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5101.JPG
    IMG_5101.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
Wouldn't it be easy for those a extensions to come off in a crash? I have the Getterbacks also but mine are connected to the bracket on the bottom. I used a small Velcro strip wrapped over the battery to keep the devices away from sensors. I fly mostly around the Gulf of Mexico so water is a constant worry. No problems so far. Easy to remove when not around water also.

It's a valid point. The white PVC is screwed to both sides and adds some extra tension but if I got into trees it would likely come off. I was thinking all it could really do is get me close anyway. I'm hoping I never need to use it.

I have my Trackimo mounted on the rear of the battery. I used heavy duty Velcro that is installed on all my batteries. I move the Trackimo each time a battery is changed. With many flights and no issues it has worked well for me.

Hi,

Just sharing, I don't know how well this will work if I have a fly away but it doesn't seem to be interfering with anything. I mounted the cube to the rear landing gear extension. On the bottom are 2 Firehouse Technology strobe lights, red and white which offer a really cool visual effect, you can see them from pretty far, they are bright. ($30ea on Amazon)
View attachment 12763 View attachment 12764
Hi can you message me with a link to the strobe lights? Looks like a great idea

Well the *** of the Mavic may not cause GPS issues, it will interfere with the antennas which I believe are in the lower rear panel of the Drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique