DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Local Restrictions, Does anyone other than the FAA have the right?

The FAA (which I am a representative) has made rules & regulations for sUAS from 55lbs down. They have not merely selected Tinywhoops etc but they happen to fall into the category of sUAS so they are governed. Maybe in the future there will be "Categories" for sUAS (like there are for RID, but until them they are all lumped together. It is what it is.
Ahhh - so you represent the FAA - I understand your posts now. Time to lobby for the hobby, not the FAA. That tinywhoop thing - it grates - I was an engineer all my life - logic mattered - I was an engineer working on Xray diagnostic machines - safety mattered - and I have partaken in many risk analysis. The FAA seems to be skipping that, when they make their rulings - and as I said - I know better. Time for the FAA to step up - and do right.

• Haha
Reactions: MrHawkeye
LOL We agree to disagree then. So be it.

Reactions: snowghost
Just to be the Devils advocate here ,but you can fly where you like , when you like , as long as you don't post the footage online .

Just to be the Devils advocate here ,but you can fly where you like , when you like , as long as you don't post the footage online .

Ummm No you can't!! At some point moral fortitude has to come into play. Not getting caught is NOT the same thing as flying legally.

Ummm No you can't!! At some point moral fortitude has to come into play. Not getting caught is NOT the same thing as flying legally.
Im not saying it is , nor do I condone such activity . Generally , if your dumb enough to fly where your not supposed to , then your probably dumb enough to post it online .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato