DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Locating a lost drone - options?

2greens1red

Reactions
Is there any in-built feature on a Mavic Pro Platinum to locate a lost drone?

If comms are still active, I assume one attempt to locate the drone's position on the (Google?) map on the monitor screen, but if power isn't available is there a feature like 'Find My iPhone'?

if power isn't available is there a feature like 'Find My iPhone'?
Yes -- it's called "Find My Drone". It's only useful if your drone lands/crashes in the location last recorded in the flight log on your mobile device.

Reactions: 2greens1red
That's great - many thanks.

I guess there may be add-on purchases of software/hardware as well?

Is there any in-built feature on a Mavic Pro Platinum to locate a lost drone?

If comms are still active, I assume one attempt to locate the drone's position on the (Google?) map on the monitor screen, but if power isn't available is there a feature like 'Find My iPhone'?
Find-my-drone can only show you the last place where the app had signal from your drone.
If it crashed or landed at that point, it's probably where the drone is.
But if it was still flying after signal was lost, the drone could be quite a distance away.

The most useful tool is analysis of the recorded flight data which can show a lot of useful things to help determine a likely search area as well as help explain the cause of the incident.

To look at flight data, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
You can post a link to the report it provides if you want help with analysis.

I guess there may be add-on purchases of software/hardware as well?
You could attach some kind of radio/GPS tracker to your drone. The advantage of those is that they are powered by an on-board battery and will continue to allow you to track them even after the drone's battery has been depleted.

If you're only flying within VLOS and you're not flying over areas where it would be tough to track down your drone (like in a tall field of grass), then you likely won't need an external tracker.

Searching for Mavic Pro gps drone tracker via Amazon (US and UK), eBay (US and UK), Google there are literally dozens of tracker brackets, but no actual trackers.
Any clues?

I would like a tracker of some sort . But I don’t fly near towns unless I am taking a picture of some sort for someone . All of my flying is out remote . I don’t even have cell service . It would be nice because then I would have a map . Oh well . Nobody to get upset about the drones noise .
01a49fbb86bc88008d0918969f682445.jpg
d176c45118417c094c78a12bd99131a2.jpg

Most times I don’t think there is a person within 20 miles of where I’m at .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98