DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Location access inside browser on SmartController

mwardncsu

Reactions
Just started to play with the new to me SmartController - when pulling up "app" for the No Fly areas, which is just a quick-link to the DJI website via the internal Lightning browser - If I try to select the option for the map to center on my location I receive a pop-up message in the browser about needing to turn on Location access "in the phone".

I have checked the various settings on the SmartController and appear to have location services on as well as the privacy settings such that they would allow location access.

Is this just a quirk with the lightning browser? It is not a huge deal, but certainly one that would be nice to have sorted...

I, straight up, do not like that browser for a variety of reasons. I would sideload Brave or another browser. It is also prone to crashing.

I, straight up, do not like that browser for a variety of reasons. I would sideload Brave or another browser. It is also prone to crashing.

Yep - tried to go to apkmirror.com via the lightning browser and it would crash right away :) Going to break out the SD card tonight and pull in Brave....

Reactions: DebianDog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird