DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Locked SMart controller no access

Borley

Reactions
Hi i installed google play store as i want to use Litchi, as one of the security options it wanted to be able to lock my device with a pin so done that problem is now reboot controller but no keyboard appears to put in pin! i have tried everything factory reset which i thin k is power on hold c1+c2 and shutter then turn off to no avail trying to refresh firmware it gets stuck on 11% while updating any help aprecciated

• Wow
Reactions: Peio64270
Hi i installed google play store as i want to use Litchi, as one of the security options it wanted to be able to lock my device with a pin so done that problem is now reboot controller but no keyboard appears to put in pin! i have tried everything factory reset which i thin k is power on hold c1+c2 and shutter then turn off to no avail trying to refresh firmware it gets stuck on 11% while updating any help aprecciated
The SC is downstairs at the moment.

Is this LOCK feature an inherent one in the SC or was that another 3rd party app or a Litchi option?

Are you using the correct version of the Assistant software for Mavic TWO drones?

A "simple" restart, I believe entails merely holding down the Power button for 10 or so seconds.

You did get Playstore to work?

Will swiping up or down produce the keyboard? Tapping on a text entry field does not produce it?

This why I say SC do not support
Google services and when you install it is does not mean it will work correctly
You may try connect SC to PC
And use DJI Assistant 2 to reset your controller
And like I say it is better spend $24
for Litchi at Amazon store then have all this problems

Reactions: Former Member
cant help with your problem but LITCHI can be installed on the SC without google play store now, sdk for SC was made available a while back and LITCHI now has a SC version

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
yeah done all of above doesnt like it i thought you even though the SDK has been released you stil have to install Amazon apps or google play to get it, when i say i hold down the c1=c2 and shutter that for a factory reset but thats not working either shame. used right DJI assistant used it many times before deffintely a lock issue

Just switched it off and now it doesn't want to charge at all, no lights or anything lol i have care refresh, i bought the Zoom with smart controller bundle from DJI take it that doesnt cover controller but can just get it repaired/replaced by sending just the controller back? i bought a spare mavic 2 standard controller for a back up glad i now did.

yeah did install playstore and it worked but had issues paying for Litchi and on security option in google store it wanted to be bale to lock my device so thought that was the issue why it wouldnt aaceept my payment never had issue with play store before

See this is what was happen
You install Google Store and Google services on device witch
officially do not support it
So for some apps it work fine but do some it is not
That why Litchi make separate version of their app specifically
for SC
And who ever will read this post
please make your lesson
When you install not authorized app you put your device under risk
You can install 100 apps and they may work but when you install 101
App it may kill your device
In your case I think you better explain your problem to DJI support
May be they will tell you how you can reset your device

Good luck

Depending on things, you may still have warranty coverage for the SC. It can't be that old.

Maybe try another computer with Assistant. It was always a bit balky in any event.

yeah thanks Greg

Be cool
Contact DJI and see what is your options
May be they will tell you how to do full reset
in this situation
In the worst scenario they will replace your SC
under refresh warranty
This warranty cover 2 replacements of your
drone set even if it is your fault

You got root, right?

adb shell
su
cd /data/system
rm Gatekeeper.password.key gatekeeper.pattern.key locksettings.db locksettings.db-shm locksettings.db-wal
adb reboot

Or if you're able to boot into TWRP, go to advanced, file manager and you can remove those from there with a simple GUI (press on a file to see options)

And who ever will read this post
please make your lesson

...use backup/restore in TWRP, it's there for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ff22
Hi Greg does the refresh cover the controller thought it was drone only?
Thanks

It is cover entire set
So you say you get SC as the one set with drone
I believe it is must be covered by refresh warranty

I'd suggest a more nuanced approach. Call or contact for Warranty repair. It locked up. Others have had them lockup. See what they want or need.

You got root, right?

adb shell
su
cd /data/system
rm Gatekeeper.password.key gatekeeper.pattern.key locksettings.db locksettings.db-shm locksettings.db-wal
adb reboot

Or if you're able to boot into TWRP, go to advanced, file manager and you can remove those from there with a simple GUI (press on a file to see options)

...use backup/restore in TWRP, it's there for a reason.
I was curious about this TWRP. But I see it might be device specific. They don't list DJI which I kind of expected. Is there a generic version. I'm not sure the OP can install any new apps as it is locked.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead