DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

KingRat

Reactions
I am in a complete whirl with all this tech. I bought a tablet to fly my Air with, it has the DJI Go Fly app on it to work the drone with and it opens perfectly, no problem.

I treated myself to a fancy, swipe phone with a camera (Samsung S10) and now have the rigmarole of setting it all up - everything needs me to sign in again: everything, including that DJI flying app. Luckily I wrote down my details when I set it up a year ago. The trouble is, when I try to get the app to work on the phone (useful backup maybe) the system says my email or password are incorrect, in compatible or words to that effect.

I do not want to compromise the working tablet. How do I find out my Login details that they will accept please? I have tried contacting DJI, they just say go to our website... great, what do I look for on their website to help me find my Login details? I wish I had never bought the bloody phone, my non camera push button phone has worked perfectly for about 15 years.... peer pressure, it is a very dangerous thing.

Is there a way of finding my login that is tucked away on the tablet somewhere please? So I can use the same on the phone? I must have typed it slightly differently to how I wrote it down or something.

WELCOME ABOARD! ?
(
Is that King Rat, i.e. James Clavell novel?)
Nope - my custom airbrushing monicker from the 1970s. I used a picture of a rat sat on its haunches wearing a crown as my signature. I used to do custom airbrushing on motorbikes, mostly, and a bit on guitars and stuff.

Reactions: MA2 317
Nope - my custom airbrushing monicker from the 1970s. I used a picture of a rat sat on its haunches wearing a crown as my signature. I used to do custom airbrushing on motorbikes, mostly, and a bit on guitars and stuff.
Oh well, okay that works too ?

Now you have some of my background. Any idea on how I get the DJI app onto my phone please. That was what I asked for help with... a phone with a swipe screen is totally new to me.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Have you ever visited the DJI website on a computer or did you set you account up using just your device. You will want to go to DJI.com and log in there. Once in there you will have access to change your password. IF I am understanding you correctly you have your phone/tablet set up to auto log you in. Once you go into your DJI Login you will see a abbreviated email address so you will know the account and under that is change password.

Have you ever visited the DJI website on a computer or did you set you account up using just your device. You will want to go to DJI.com and log in there. Once in there you will have access to change your password. IF I am understanding you correctly you have your phone/tablet set up to auto log you in. Once you go into your DJI Login you will see a abbreviated email address so you will know the account and under that is change password.

I sort of understand... is the DJI Go4 app on my tablet linked to the DJI website? Or is it now a fixture within my tablet and will continue to work with my Air (mk1)?

If I download the Go4 onto my phone for use as a backup means of flying, for whatever reason, will changing my password make the tablet version not work?

I really do not understand how any of these things work together - everything I know and do is 'parrot fashion', as in I can do stuff, but I don't understand what is happening behind the scenes to make it do it. A bit like many people who drive a car - they can drive perfectly well, but they don't have a mental picture of what is happening under the bonnet, they just know what it does, not how it does it.

I sort of understand... is the DJI Go4 app on my tablet linked to the DJI website? Or is it now a fixture within my tablet and will continue to work with my Air (mk1)?

If I download the Go4 onto my phone for use as a backup means of flying, for whatever reason, will changing my password make the tablet version not work?

I really do not understand how any of these things work together - everything I know and do is 'parrot fashion', as in I can do stuff, but I don't understand what is happening behind the scenes to make it do it. A bit like many people who drive a car - they can drive perfectly well, but they don't have a mental picture of what is happening under the bonnet, they just know what it does, not how it does it.
You have one DJI password. You use that for the website and Go4 on your tablet and phone.
If you go on the link I posted above you can reset your password. Then you just log in on all of your devices using your new password.

Reactions: KingRat
No different than Facebook, Chrome, email, etc. You use the same credentials for each of these apps on any device.
If you forget your credentials for any one of them, its usually easiest to reset the password from the web, then enter new credentials in the app.

GO syncs flight logs to your DJI account, and has other functions that are account related. You'll notice account related association when you select Me on the main page in Go.

You probably forgot all that since much like Facebook app, you're perpetually logged in until you explicitly log out, or reinstall the app/clear data.

I use LastPass to remember all my passwords and often fills in the password for me.

You have one DJI password. You use that for the website and Go4 on your tablet and phone.
If you go on the link I posted above you can reset your password. Then you just log in on all of your devices using your new password.
I have changed the password - and written in my book!

I tried my tablet and drone, just fired up in the house, attached to the internet wi-fi and it just linke straight away and told me there was an update needed... updated and went back to camera view without me having to redo the password in the tablet! Great news.

Thanks very much. Presumably, the Go4 is loaded on the tablet, rather than accessed by it. There is no sim card to get internet unless it attaches to the wifi at home.

Reactions: Lastrexking
No different than Facebook, Chrome, email, etc. You use the same credentials for each of these apps on any device.
If you forget your credentials for any one of them, its usually easiest to reset the password from the web, then enter new credentials in the app.

GO syncs flight logs to your DJI account, and has other functions that are account related. You'll notice account related association when you select Me on the main page in Go.

You probably forgot all that since much like Facebook app, you're perpetually logged in until you explicitly log out, or reinstall the app/clear data.

I use LastPass to remember all my passwords and often fills in the password for me.

I have read this, several times. I still don't understand it. I don't have chrome. I have got faecesbook, but that didn't need me to resign in on my new phone. Email I can only get on the computer at home, I've never known or been shown how to get it on any other computer. If I am away, people have to wait, or phone me in the proper manner!

I have changed the password - and written in my book!

I tried my tablet and drone, just fired up in the house, attached to the internet wi-fi and it just linke straight away and told me there was an update needed... updated and went back to camera view without me having to redo the password in the tablet! Great news.

Thanks very much. Presumably, the Go4 is loaded on the tablet, rather than accessed by it. There is no sim card to get internet unless it attaches to the wifi at home.
Glad you’re sorted ?

Reactions: KingRat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78