DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Logan Inlet, Lake Wivenhoe 🇦🇺

Yeah you copped a bit of rain up your way but seems to have settled down for a bit. Nice to see how it's looking Geoff.

Reactions: Geofff
Nice spot, drove through there a couple of years ago on a bit of a 2 day scenic drive, was very dry then.
Yes, what a difference from a couple of years ago. The flood in Feb caused major inundation of low lying areas through to Brisbane. And then, mid cleanup, we copped it again in May. Upside is that our dams are full and groundwater is replenished.

Yeah you copped a bit of rain up your way but seems to have settled down for a bit. Nice to see how it's looking Geoff.
I was surprised there were only a few people out and about but it was mid week. Countryside is looking great but there are some supply shortages from vegetable and fruit crops.

Yes, what a difference from a couple of years ago. The flood in Feb caused major inundation of low lying areas through to Brisbane. And then, mid cleanup, we copped it again in May. Upside is that our dams are full and groundwater is replenished.

The rain up there was crazy.

I was up there a few weeks (3-6 weeks ) ago, helping brother clean up a bit.
Lots of gear sorted, a lot salvaged, a lot more dumped.
He got hit twice in both flood events.

It rained every day I was there, apart from a couple of work days, and only sunny day was the last day !
Didn’t even get to fly the 7kg if M1P kit I took, apart from some site survey work for his on the block 2 short flights 😕

Back up again 3 weeks late July to help him at his workshop (crash repair), and he’s sold the house, he’ll be moved out completely then into new temp place.

I hope for more usual weather, though it will still be winter.
Only taking cabin this time so it’ll be the Spark coming with me next trip.

Reactions: 4006448
The rain up there was crazy.

I was up there a few weeks (3-6 weeks ) ago, helping brother clean up a bit.
Lots of gear sorted, a lot salvaged, a lot more dumped.
He got hit twice in both flood events.

It rained every day I was there, apart from a couple of work days, and only sunny day was the last day !
Didn’t even get to fly the 7kg if M1P kit I took, apart from some site survey work for his on the block 2 short flights 😕

Back up again 3 weeks late July to help him at his workshop (crash repair), and he’s sold the house, he’ll be moved out completely then into new temp place.

I hope for more usual weather, though it will still be winter.
Only taking cabin this time so it’ll be the Spark coming with me next trip.
There are a lot of people in a world of pain as a result of the floods that will be ongoing for years to come. I know people like your brother who have decided to cut their losses and move on. He is lucky to have you to help him through. Well done you. 👏
The weather has settled down for now but the ground is very slow to dry. I was to film a friend plant his winter crop up on the downs today but he rang last night to postpone.paddocks are still too wet.

There are a lot of people in a world of pain as a result of the floods that will be ongoing for years to come. I know people like your brother who have decided to cut their losses and move on. He is lucky to have you to help him through. Well done you. 👏
The weather has settled down for now but the ground is very slow to dry. I was to film a friend plant his winter crop up on the downs today but he rang last night to postpone.paddocks are still too wet.

No kudos needed for me, it's family hey :)
Would do it for friends or acquaintances too.

Yeah, he told me yesterday the home insurance company has 'rejected' his claim(s) for the retal next door, some minor detail or another, something to do with drain points not quite right . . . never mind 2' of water went through the place !!
Grrrr, told him to check fine print in the PDF, and probably get onto the insurance industry ombudsman.

The rain is responsible for the crop shortages I'm pretty sure, that pain is becoming known countrywide.
An Iceberg lettuce $12, I saw in a news story yesterday ??

Fuel this morning at $2.30 / lt for ULP this morning (probably not as $$$ as Euro though), food up, rents up dramatically for those not owning, then for many insurance companies push this garbage on them . . . financial stress these days is getting a hot issue for many that normally don't feel it.

Cheers mate, at least some drone flying now and then takes you away form modern problems and lets you zone out for a while.

Reactions: Geofff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard