DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long Exposure Filter

Turn11

Reactions
Could someone explain to me what and when a Long Exposure ND1000 filter would be used.
This is MY assumption.
Up the ND scale 4, 8, 16, 32 etc this must be extremely dark filter.
I assume it is for daylight long exposure.
Why would I want to take a long exposure during the day?
IF this is the use, does it have any other uses?
Anything else, please continue.
Links appreciated

From manipulating my SLR I understand long exposure t achieve but I have not used filters.
What does the ND1000 filter do on the drone? Make it appear to the drone that it is dark when it isn't?

Reactions: Garritynet
You are correct, it is for long exposure during the day. Useful for landscape photography especially. If you are a photographer just imagine scenarios where you want a long shutter speed and there you go, a reason to use a ND filter.

BTW, ND 1000 is ten stops. The difference between a shutter speed of 1/30 at f2.8 and 1/1000 at f16. I know a filter factor of 1000 seems like a lot but it's really not that outrageous when you're looking to set your exposure times in minutes not fractions of seconds.

it is used for long exposures often when you want to blur moving objects like water, cars, people, etc.

I use a ND that dark on my hand held DSLR on snow, or light sand dunes, and not much else unless shooting the sun before it sets, otherwise you need a tripod for shots like mentioned above. Kind of useless on a drone. The lighter ones are perfect for them though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel