DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LONG EXPOSURE

Ray101

Reactions
Hey guys,
I have been trying to take long exposure pics on my mvp. I have seen pics with the light streaks and they look amazing.

I was wondering whats the longest exposure i can use on the mavic? And do i achieve this my simply slowing down the shutter speed?
Thanks [emoji2]

Its really a matter of getting lucky. A vast majority of the pics come out blurred, i got about 1 out of 10 pics semi-acceptable at about 1 second exposure.

Last edited:
LOL! Its not my photo dude! But its a Mavic in a long exposure, so you can see the red nav lights and the green status light spinning... good flying eh?!

Reactions: jimp
Id say it was done with Litchi or something, maybe a helix flight plan or similar?

Reactions: eek
This is not a long exposure ON the Mavic, as in long exposure taken by a camera flying through the air, but a long exposure taken by another, stationary camera, with the Mavic flying THROUGH THE FRAME.
Exactly. That photo was taken with a DSLR on a tripod.

Awhile back there was software being developed to fly drones do make light paintings like this. I even signed up to be part of the testing, but i never heard anything back. I don't think the software was ever released.

Exactly. That photo was taken with a DSLR on a tripod.

Awhile back there was software being developed to fly drones do make light paintings like this. I even signed up to be part of the testing, but i never heard anything back. I don't think the software was ever released.
Well, not necessarily DSLR ;-)
Pockets can do a really nice job too. I am an amateur, i don't own a DSLR because of it's size (doubt i'd take it with me anywhere), but look what can be done with a pocket. And a mini-tripod ;-)

I wish Mavic would have this kinds of image quality... and a tripod-like gimbal stability... i really wish i could shoot THIS, from the Mavic... :)

0916 - Boston, MA, USA.jpg

Reactions: angell and noosaguy
I wonder if this is even remotely possible, technologically speaking... Mavic size drone carrying a camera with 1" sensor? Will require a total gimbal redesign, but payload capability speaking, far from impossible. Stabilizing to a point you can actually take multi-second exposures with no motion blur whatsoever? Now that sounds like an impossible challenge to me :-/

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Well, not necessarily DSLR ;-)
True, but it's a professionally shot promotional image from Intel, so they probably weren't using a point-and-shoot camera!

I wish Mavic would have this kinds of image quality... and a tripod-like gimbal stability... i really wish i could shoot THIS, from the Mavic... :)

The Mavic can be improved upon but it's not horrible:

24831549_10155226460988597_5582290138115394573_o.jpg 25791055_10155278605188597_5206344714706491143_o.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, Mavic camera IS pretty bad in my point of view. On par with mid-end phones, not even high end ones. Not getting any near a good pocket camera, which is a shame, cause i see no technical reason, other than price cutting, to use phone-like sensor on it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002