DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long Island

Same, I never got an email response other than an automated reply that she was out of the office earlier this year, any update?

If anyone wants a copy of the application send me your email and I will send it to you. I don't think the attachment works.

Attachments

• DRONEAPPCODE (002).pdf
    275.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: projectarjun
Thank you

Were you able to open the attachment?

Oh, and the actual permit was sent to me by Michael Papa.
2824B23E-F5C8-4176-9A96-6F70CC02DA87.png
Confirming that it works, cheers ?

do we have to go in person to submit this form?

I was able to email it to Tina at the email address above but she seems to have gone missing. You can try emailing it to [email protected] or just mail it or take it in person. Whatever works. Include a copy of your AMA membership card also.

Last edited:
  • Love
I was able to email it to Tina at the email address above but she seems to have gone missing. You can try emailing it to [email protected] or just mail it or take it in person. Whatever works. Include a copy of your AMA membership card also.
Thank you

I have a Town of Oyster Bay update here:

Let's do it - first weekend of August ?
I just dd some research about Short beach, Long Beach , including all Suffolk county parks. I called the Grounds and parks in Sayville. You have to register your drone, and then get a permit to fly at the beaches. I have a mini 2. You can't register it. Basically it means mini 2, small toy drones cannot fly at our parks and beaches. Rich

You are misinformed. You do not Have To register your mini2 because it weighs less than 250 grams but you absolutely Can (and should) register it.

You are misinformed. You do not Have To register your mini2 because it weighs less than 250 grams but you absolutely Can (and should) register it.
In the interest of accuracy I should add :
FAA registration is not Required if the drone weighs less than .55 lbs And is flown exclusively under the Exception for Recreational Flyers

We might have a new place to fly. Cow Meadow Park in Freeport has just been returned to Freeport Village ownership from Nassau County. I've searched the Village code and cannot find any references to drone or UAS so it appears that it will be OK to fly there.

On a side note, I now have my Suffolk County permit so I'm good to go at the specific Suffolk County parks listed on the website with my Mini 2.

• Love
Sweet another place to add to my very limited “places to to fly in LI list”

Here’s my latest flight,

I would love to get a small drone to document where I go on my motorcycle. It seems impossible to learn how t use it here on Long Island. Is it even possible to start in your back yard if you keep it low?

Or are there any recommended places with large open unpopulated fields that would allow someone to learn?

I would love to get a small drone to document where I go on my motorcycle. It seems impossible to learn how t use it here on Long Island. Is it even possible to start in your back yard if you keep it low?

Or are there any recommended places with large open unpopulated fields that would allow someone to learn?
Yes, there are plenty of places on Long Island where you can fly to your heart's content. One that I found especially good, is Stillwell Woods Park, north of Jericho Tpke. On S. Woods Road in Syosset. Plenty of room there, and in the off season, there's nobody there at all. I found a dead end street where I was able to fly over the Huntington Lighthouse, and there's a nice spot just north of the Long Beach Long Island Rail Road station. Another is on a little island just before you enter Captree State park. Don't go over the bridge into the park. It's the only street on Captree Island, and it's not inside the park itself. Another at Point Lookout. Take a look at Google Maps or any map of Nassau and Suffolk. You'll find dozens of spots, and yes, you can fly out of your own back yard, if you check it out on Kitty Hawk of one of the other drone map apps.

Yes, there are plenty of places on Long Island where you can fly to your heart's content. One that I found especially good, is Stillwell Woods Park, north of Jericho Tpke. On S. Woods Road in Syosset. Plenty of room there, and in the off season, there's nobody there at all. I found a dead end street where I was able to fly over the Huntington Lighthouse, and there's a nice spot just north of the Long Beach Long Island Rail Road station. Another is on a little island just before you enter Captree State park. Don't go over the bridge into the park. It's the only street on Captree Island, and it's not inside the park itself. Another at Point Lookout. Take a look at Google Maps or any map of Nassau and Suffolk. You'll find dozens of spots, and yes, you can fly out of your own back yard, if you check it out on Kitty Hawk of one of the other drone map apps.
Thank you for the reply. When I have a chance I will try all of your suggestions. Just bought a Mavic Air 2 and got the Suffolk Count permit. Flew in Gardner park last week, and now plan to explore other areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929