DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Long Videos do work. Cork city - An aerial tour

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Many on here say long videos don't work. I got 25k (and counting) views on facebook in last three days with this video and comments from ex patriates all over the globe.

Reactions: colorado kid
They don’t work for me as I just dont have time to watch them.
Glad you are getting hits. ?.

And they all watched it to the end ? ;)
I do agree with you that not all video’s have to be short, telling a story or covering a full town often have to be longer to get everything in.
The advice for short video around 3 minutes is because that's the average time people are kept interested unless something special makes hem want to see what happens next.
Nice flying by the way.

It's a nice video, but in my opinion (as echoed by others) it is too long. City-scapes quickly start to look alike and I find myself skipping ahead looking for something that looks different. Like the river scene with the rowers.

The average attention span of humans, according to a study by Microsoft, is eight seconds (down from 12 20 years ago). This may be why most videos that use short scenes and changing subject matter are more popular these days.

I will watch a longer video if it tells a good story or is about subject matter I'm interested in.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx

Not looking for further likes or comments .Just making the point some long videos do work . Doesn't have to be to two minutes long.
Hi Charlie,

Firstly, your video has done well, congrats.

Can you please share a screenshot of your Facebook Video Retention statistics page? I have attached an example of this, from another Facebook video. These statistics are a great indication if your 24K viewers are sticking around to watch your longer video and/or how many are “fast forwarding” to effectively turn it into a shorter video.

Regards,
Terry

Attachments

• 90FD3463-6EEF-4FE2-90C9-D6700031B7F2.png
    90FD3463-6EEF-4FE2-90C9-D6700031B7F2.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members