DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Look what I found perched on a radio tower as I performed a zoomed circular parallax video. I didn't know we had these in Florida.

Zoomed in on a radio tower, manually flying a circle around it and panning down as I went, I suddenly found an interesting thing attached to the tower. It's a must see. The video ain't so bad itself.

That was one cool customer. The eagles in my area would have taken off for sure.

I was very far away. I was using the zoom lens. I was probably at 28x zoom on my MavEnterprise. People say the zoom lens is just a gimmick or is useless. I think not.

Watch the end of the video, I ZOOM OUT FROM THE EAGLE. When I do this you will see how far away from him and the tower I really am. You can't even notice the eagle after I zoom out. As he did not notice me either. I was just too far away for him to be concerned.
I noticed it must had been zoomed in a lot, I was very surprised at how far that is! How much of the zoom is optical vs digital (crop)?

I noticed it must had been zoomed in a lot, I was very surprised at how far that is! How much of the zoom is optical vs digital (crop)?
DJI has 2 cams. The "1x" primary and the "7x" primary lens. 7x is a relative term. It means it sees 7x as far as the main primary lens. I basically had the 7x primary lens digitally zoomed by 4 (28x) or a crop of 400%.

People say you can just do this in post and get the same results. I don't believe that would work in post, because the parallax ie the speed of the background versus the foreground wouldn't look the same if I just zoomed into the eagle at 400% in post. Besides, I would have never saw the eagle in the first place.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13