DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Look what I found perched on a radio tower as I performed a zoomed circular parallax video. I didn't know we had these in Florida.

SteveR43

Reactions
Zoomed in on a radio tower, manually flying a circle around it and panning down as I went, I suddenly found an interesting thing attached to the tower. It's a must see. The video ain't so bad itself.

He sure has a nice view up there. Do you know the height of that tower?

Be careful of those stay wires.
That's why I was so far away. I don't know if you saw the end of the video, but I zoom out at the ending. I was well out of danger. However, on previous occasions, I have gone in real close to get detail. I had placed my drone in between the wires. I just made sure I made no lateral movements.

Once the indiscriminate use of DDT ended, Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Brown Pelicans and other birds quickly began to recover. DDT that moved up the food chain made their egg shells too brittle to survive to hatching. Bald Eagles are now found in every state in the US. Florida has a substantial population. They're grand critters.

That's why I was so far away. I don't know if you saw the end of the video, but I zoom out at the ending. I was well out of danger. However, on previous occasions, I have gone in real close to get detail. I had placed my drone in between the wires. I just made sure I made no lateral movements.
I didn't watch to the end but did get nervous as the drone was descending lol.

Once the indiscriminate use of DDT ended, Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Brown Pelicans and other birds quickly began to recover. DDT that moved up the food chain made their egg shells too brittle to survive to hatching. Bald Eagles are now found in every state in the US. Florida has a substantial population. They're grand critters.
Good info MS Coast. There IS a noticeable rebound in the populations of these birds where DDT was used and has been ended. BTW, I’m visiting your neck of the woods (New Orleans) from the West Coast of Canada (Vancouver) and I did NOT bring our weather with me…your welcome.
🇨🇦👍

I gotta say, this was the first drone video I have seen that made me a bit dizzy, but that eagle shot is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Good info MS Coast. There IS a noticeable rebound in the populations of these birds where DDT was used and has been ended. BTW, I’m visiting your neck of the woods (New Orleans) from the West Coast of Canada (Vancouver) and I did NOT bring our weather with me…your welcome.
🇨🇦👍
Enjoy New Orleans. Try Margie's Grill for some really great southern/asian/creole/cajun food unlike anything you've run across before. Have a look at the river from The Fly, a park behind the Audubon Zoo. Great place to watch the ships go by. And take the Ferry over to Algiers just for the rid, though it's a nice place for a walk, too.

we get them in our back yard :) Literally.

Yep, they're a nuisance up there, even. And your ravens are even worse.
Those pesky Bald Eagles, Crapping all over my cellular networks towers. Grrrr.

Pretty interesting that it only glanced at you a few times…… I kind of imagined it eying you the whole time but it didn’t seem too interested or concerned.

I gotta say, this was the first drone video I have seen that made me a bit dizzy, but that eagle shot is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
I set out to just zoom into the tower and go in circles around it all the way to the bottom, but then I saw the eagle and stopped panning down. Instead I stayed on the bird and kept going in circles.

The video looks dizzying because I was hundreds of feet away from the tower, but zoomed in real close. This made the tower seem to not move and the backround to fly by really quick.

Pretty interesting that it only glanced at you a few times…… I kind of imagined it eying you the whole time but it didn’t seem too interested or concerned.
I was very far away. I was using the zoom lens. I was probably at 28x zoom on my MavEnterprise. People say the zoom lens is just a gimmick or is useless. I think not.

Watch the end of the video, I ZOOM OUT FROM THE EAGLE. When I do this you will see how far away from him and the tower I really am. You can't even notice the eagle after I zoom out. As he did not notice me either. I was just too far away for him to be concerned.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman