DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT LENS

basbeallcs07

Reactions
I crashed my mavic and am looking for a new front lens. Anyone know where to get one for a good price. I am willing to replace it myself.

Attachments

• 20170902_120018.jpg
    20170902_120018.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: Trevor55
I crashed my mavic and am looking for a new front lens. Anyone know where to get one for a good price. I am willing to replace it myself.

You will have to get the camera. It's all one piece.

It's pretty easy to got off and replace. Cheapest option is to find a second hand one.

Don't forget that if removing the cracked front glass lens cover, you have an important thing going for you: If you break it worse, it doesn't matter. When getting in there with a pin and trying to get it off, you can be aggressive. Just don't scratch the real lens, at the bottom of the cavity.

Find the posts by a guy named Horace, who bought a tempered glass UV front lens protector on eBay. It can function as a replacement for the original glass. The dimensions are nearly identical. Horace got his lens out by heating it with a hair drier and popping it out with a pin. My glass was so broken, I just broke it further with a pin, and removed the pieces, and cleaned the seating surface, and the real lens while I was at it using a camera lens cleaner. I put a thin layer of caulk on the replacement lens to stick it in there good and to hermetically seal it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine