DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT LENS

basbeallcs07

Reactions
I crashed my mavic and am looking for a new front lens. Anyone know where to get one for a good price. I am willing to replace it myself.

Attachments

• 20170902_120018.jpg
    20170902_120018.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: Trevor55
I crashed my mavic and am looking for a new front lens. Anyone know where to get one for a good price. I am willing to replace it myself.

You will have to get the camera. It's all one piece.

It's pretty easy to got off and replace. Cheapest option is to find a second hand one.

Don't forget that if removing the cracked front glass lens cover, you have an important thing going for you: If you break it worse, it doesn't matter. When getting in there with a pin and trying to get it off, you can be aggressive. Just don't scratch the real lens, at the bottom of the cavity.

Find the posts by a guy named Horace, who bought a tempered glass UV front lens protector on eBay. It can function as a replacement for the original glass. The dimensions are nearly identical. Horace got his lens out by heating it with a hair drier and popping it out with a pin. My glass was so broken, I just broke it further with a pin, and removed the pieces, and cleaned the seating surface, and the real lens while I was at it using a camera lens cleaner. I put a thin layer of caulk on the replacement lens to stick it in there good and to hermetically seal it.