DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for advice on used Mavic Pro

Phanes

Reactions
So just a quick background on me. I flew a DJI drone back in 14 but after a few months my son and I got bored with it because we really just buzzed it around my 1 acre backyard. I looked into FPV at the time but it meant go pro and fat shark and the demos I saw the footage was shaky and not great resolution so I ended up selling my drone on craigslist.

I posted this over in the P4 forums because when I went looking into FPV again my LBH and Best Buy wanted to push the $1400 P4 on me along with DJI goggles. The suggestion at the P4 forums was to look into the mavic pro for what I want to do. I am basically looking to do this.

1. LOS around my backyard and let me kids wear the goggles.
2. As my skill gets better take it out over the surrounding forest. We are surrounded by hundreds of acres of forest with no houses or airports nearby.
3. As my skill gets really good take it out in the White Mountains here in NH. We go off road up there on the weekends and get to some really nice scenic points with mountains all around.

I like this bundle deal in the classifieds here

Mavic Pro - Professional Bundle / accessories - Like New, Excellent, OPTION to add iPad mini 4 128GB

I know the obvious risks of buying used and I am ok with that. I just had a few questions.

1. Can you use the Ipad and goggles at the same time? I only ask because I want to do some LOS stuff around my backyard while my kids wear the goggles for the neato daddy factor. However my eyesight is not what it used to be and it would be nice to be able to use the Ipad and goggles at the same time.

2. I have no idea how old that model is does it make a difference if it is a year old or a month old? I assume an MP is an MP unless there is some generations of models that come out. I don't know if the MP has a Version 1 or 10. I just want to make sure I am not getting some older model with known issues or something of that nature.

3. Will head tracking work with the DJI goggles and that model?

4. Is there anything I should be aware of with that deal? I am not asking anyone to bash the seller but you guys have more experience than me and you might notice something in the pictures that I missed.

Thanks for your help with this.

Can you use the Ipad and goggles at the same time?
Yes. The DJI Goggles are able to connect to the Mavic Pro wirelessly, so they won't interfere with whatever you're doing on your iPad.

I assume an MP is an MP unless there is some generations of models that come out. I don't know if the MP has a Version 1 or 10.
There is only one Mavic Pro model. DJI does sometimes make small, undocumented improvements to the hardware. Those changes usually occur within months of a new release if any issues are discovered. The Mavic Pro has been out for some time now, so I suspect nothing was changed over the past year or so.

Will head tracking work with the DJI goggles and that model?
Yes.

Is there anything I should be aware of with that deal?
It comes with a lot of nice accessories. You'll probably have everything you need with that accessory package.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest