DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for examples of the Mavic 2 Zoom - Super Resolution feature

And if anyone has recommendations on a better way to share photos from OneDrive, let me know ;)

And if anyone has recommendations on a better way to share photos from OneDrive, let me know ;)

You can upload directly through the website. The file size is big so I had to import as a low quality pic. I hope it kept the resolution.

I tried the direct upload, but like you noticed, file size is limited to no more than 10MB. The full size Super Res shot I took is 17MB, and I didn't want to downsize or reduce quality because it felt like doing so defeated the purpose of demonstrating what people can expect from the feature.

I think I might have figured it out. When I click my own link to the OneDrive file, I see the picture and also a button for "View Original" and when I click that I get a link ending in .jpg so lets see if this works:

DJI_0100.JPG

I just had the maiden flight for my M2Z yesterday. Here is my example of Super Resolution. Not the most interesting photo but just an example.

Wow!!
I tried today the super resolution photo,but mine is totaly not that sharp at full zoom that your picture. whats the problem?

Wow!!
I tried today the super resolution photo,but mine is totaly not that sharp at full zoom that your picture. whats the problem?

Are you sure you went to panorama and checked off super resolution? You need to download pic from the MicroSD card or directly from the Mavic

I just had the maiden flight for my M2Z yesterday. Here is my example of Super Resolution. Not the most interesting photo but just an example.
That is pretty impressive. Super resolution is one of the features that really interests me but I have been holding off making a decision until I see more samples.

Here is a picture in "Super Resolution", which I took yesterday. The resolution and exposure of the photo is impressive and even scaled down the photos look better and sharper. It seems that the future of photography will be strongly influenced by AI.

WeTransfer Super Resolution file

Reactions: Greenflash
Here is a picture in "Super Resolution", which I took yesterday. The resolution and exposure of the photo is impressive and even scaled down the photos look better and sharper. It seems that the future of photography will be strongly influenced by AI.

WeTransfer Super Resolution file
Thanks for posting this.

I am leaning towards the Mavic 2 zoom for the Mountain Legacy Project (www.explore.mountainlegacy.ca). We retake photos from survey stations from early Canadian Surveys. Many of the stations are overgrown so our alternatives are to find vistas that are nearby or use a helicopter to reshoot from the air. Both are problematic. Alternate stations often do not provide close to the same vista (our criteria on station is to be within sub metre of where the original camera was set). Helicopters often cannot hover right above the station and usually the pilots like to a few hundred feet above the trees for safety considerations, plus the cost is prohibitive. We use high resolution cameras for our repeat images. I tested the Mavic Pro initially to see if a drone would work for us. We were able to get directly above the station, hold in a hover quite accurately, etc. but the Mavic Pro does not have the resolution we are seeking. After we analyze enough Super Resolution images from the Mavic 2 Zoom, we will make our decision. It certainly seems to out preform the Mavic 2 Pro camera in this regard.

If you can post a couple more oblique images looking further across the landscape, I would greatly appreciate it.

As a side note, there is also a tool used to create high resolution landscape images called a Gigapan, it seems to work on a similar basis to Super Resolution. A series of zoomed in images are taken and processed into one high resolution image. Here is a sample we took at Moose Mountain. If you zoom in on the peak, centre right, you can see the fire lookout on Moose Mountain. More impressive is that if you zoom in on the ridge below, you can pick out a hiker. http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/177652

Taken at sunset. You can see lots of details but lots of grain too!

Attachments

• DJI_0036.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 206
Taken at sunset. You can see lots of details but lots of grain too!
Thank you but it is hard for us to assess as it has been downsized to post. We need to look at the full high res image.
One comment that seems to be common on the images that I have had our team assess far is that the resolution is definitely there, but the lens quality may not be -- there is a whack of ghosting on almost every straight line (look at the edges of all the buildings).

When I use the super res feature the file sizes are approximately 20 MB. I thought that the file sizes are supposed to be 40 MB+ right? I am missing something?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman