DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for examples of the Mavic 2 Zoom - Super Resolution feature

here it is my M2Zoom photo using the superresolution 48MP feature. I think they get as good as my M2Pro.
Fully automatic. I get a big 48MP photo.

View attachment 64824

The technology in this drone is off the charts in cool factor.
I can’t find the seams in the stitching.
Thank you for posting this!

Wow this is a good one. Going to have to try this.

I’ve compared the high res vs pano va regular and high res does best (no post prod)

I have version 4.3.12 and this feature doesn’t show up. Made sure to try to scroll up and it is not there. The app is not telling me to update either. (Note, I am looking at the app disconnected from the zoom)

What am I missing?

733c220f5ab89f559e7d480a432dfc3e.jpg

You must be connected for app contents to match the capabiltities of the connected aircraft.

Nice pic,still looks good cropped in,I will have to try that when the weather improves here,I think the m2z is great and very stable

i went to upload my high resolution picture but was denied.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The uploaded file is too large.

(21mb, 19mb too large.)

UPDATE:

This image was shot in heavy winds on m2z pano-high res. I changed the original pic's pixels from 8000x6000 pixels to 4000x3000 so I could upload to the forums. No other editing has been done. I bought the zoom so because I don't do post production. If anyone has advise on how to beat the upload limit please let me know. My hi-res pics are ~18 to 21 MB

Attachments

• 4x3 pic1.JPG
    4x3 pic1.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
"The Mavic 2 Zoom also has a brand new Super Resolution feature – an asset when capturing the vivid details your landscape photography deserves. When taking a picture with a 24 mm equivalent field-of-view, 4 the camera will capture and patch nine photos with its telephoto lens, resulting in a 48-megapixel super resolution photo."

If anyone sees any samples of this feature or a write up / review of this feature, please post the location.

As members of the forum get their Mavic 2 Zoom; please share your experience with this feature.

Thank you...

It's literally just a panorama, if you're looking for a description of how it works. It has a fancy name but you can do the exact same thing with any camera or drone if you wish.

It's literally just a panorama, if you're looking for a description of how it works. It has a fancy name but you can do the exact same thing with any camera or drone if you wish.

Just about all the 'canned' modes can be done manually.. For instance hyper lapse can be done by flying slowly and pressing the shutter button every second or so. Automating the process just makes it easier.

But the super res feature is more than just another pano mode. It can't be done with any camera... which is why the feature isn't available on the Mavic 2 Pro.

Just about all the 'canned' modes can be done manually.. For instance hyper lapse can be done by flying slowly and pressing the shutter button every second or so. Automating the process just makes it easier.

But the super res feature is more than just another pano mode. It can't be done with any camera... which is why the feature isn't available on the Mavic 2 Pro.

It can be done on any camera, and it is literally a panorama. The way it's done on the M2Z is particularly easy to do manually, much more so than hyperlapse for example, but you're right that most of the built in features can be manually duplicated with relative ease including the flight modes (dronie, point of interest, etc.). I'm sorry but that is how it works, it's just marketed differently from a 'feature' perspective. It is not anything more than a panorama, it is just stitched in a way that you end up with a 48MP image. It doesn't do anything to overcome the shortcomings of the 1/2.3" sensor. For those that don't like to do any PP work, it can be a handy way to make a pano for sure, provided the drone does a good job stitching. I think where people get confused is that it gives you the same FOV as a wider shot, so they don't think it is a panorama, but that is literally what it is. The M2P's Panorama mode gives you an image with greater than 20MP resolution, so it does technically have a "super resolution" mode, it's just not marketed in the same way and is geared toward an even wider FOV.

Think of it another way, imagine you have a landscape scene, you can capture it in a single shot with a wide angle lens, or you can put on a telephoto lens and capture the same scene with a 4 photo panorama. OR, you could move the camera closer and take those same 4 photos with the wide angle lens to end up with exactly the same end result. The former is what the M2Z is doing, but the end result is no different in either scenario.

Another way this is done in the camera world is with pixel shifting - the cameras image stabilization mechanism will shift the sensor ever so slightly in other directions, and after merging approximately 8 photos, you end up with a 'super resolution' image. It's not as good as a native image of the same resolution, but it is close and helps to eliminate moire. I don't think DJI's gimbals are precise enough to mimic this effect, but it might be something we see in future models.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito