DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for recommendations on a drone

Jk66

Reactions
Iam looking at purchasing a mavic but not sure on witch one to get . I will be using it to film and still photography of our fishing trips .
I have been looking at the air2s but not sure being a new model.

I think it comes down to budget if you are flying for fun. You would be happy with the Mini 2 maybe with the small size and good wind resistance, it really provides a lot in a small affordable package. If you want to step up but not all the way to the Air 2S you can find a used Air 2. I think its a great middle point to the Mini and Air 2S. Closer in capability to the 2S of course but still very solid. Biggest advantage to the Air and up are tracking sensors. If you want to track an object it can and its faster with more wind capabilities. I think I spoke in a circle but in the end, buy what your budget can mange reasonably and in the future as things evolve see if you need to make a change. I have all 3 mentioned, and if I could only have 1 it would be the Mini 2 for its small size and quietness.

Reactions: Gary R and db4476
I think it comes down to budget if you are flying for fun. You would be happy with the Mini 2 maybe with the small size and good wind resistance, it really provides a lot in a small affordable package. If you want to step up but not all the way to the Air 2S you can find a used Air 2. I think its a great middle point to the Mini and Air 2S. Closer in capability to the 2S of course but still very solid. Biggest advantage to the Air and up are tracking sensors. If you want to track an object it can and its faster with more wind capabilities. I think I spoke in a circle but in the end, buy what your budget can mange reasonably and in the future as things evolve see if you need to make a change. I have all 3 mentioned, and if I could only have 1 it would be the Mini 2 for its small size and quietness.
I would like to film my fishing drone taking out bait . I don’t mind paying for the 2S upfront. I don’t want to have buyers remorse by not spending the extra money for the better one .

If I get this right.... you have a fishing drone you would like to film with another drone. A drone tracking a drone is a bit of a difficult task and would come down to the skill of both drone operators.

As far as drones go, I don't think you would regret purchasing the Air 2S. It has all of DJI's latest technology and is missing only a mechanical shutter which for your uses I don't think you would miss. The Mavic Air 2 would be a close second and would produce similar video. The MA2 footage would only suffer if you were filming in exceptionally dark conditions.

I would like to film my fishing drone taking out bait . I don’t mind paying for the 2S upfront. I don’t want to have buyers remorse by not spending the extra money for the better one .
Air2s due to 'buyers remorse'. That way you will not be sorry later. The Mavic Air 2 is also great for video, but not so much for photo. The same can be said for Mini2. Air2S has a bigger sensor so suitable for photo as well as video. The M2P is currently the top Mavic but will be replaced soon.

Air2s due to 'buyers remorse'. That way you will not be sorry later. The Mavic Air 2 is also great for video, but not so much for photo. The same can be said for Mini2. Air2S has a bigger sensor so suitable for photo as well as video. The M2P is currently the top Mavic but will be replaced soon.
"soon"

:p

Enjoy your new Air2s :) there are some cool DIY floatation devices out there, I bought mine as a package deal from @Phantomrain.org ... will probably save your bacon someday if you're mostly flying over water.

Iam looking at purchasing a mavic but not sure on witch one to get . I will be using it to film and still photography of our fishing trips .
I have been looking at the air2s but not sure being a new model.
M2Z, twenty five mile an hour wind and its standing still, plus you can zoom in on your catch or boat.

Reactions: Crashdummytest
"soon"

:p

Enjoy your new Air2s :) there are some cool DIY floatation devices out there, I bought mine as a package deal from @Phantomrain.org ... will probably save your bacon someday if you're mostly flying over water.
I should have added "I hope". I am soon out of gorilla glue for my m2p:)

"Mini" and "good wind resistance" should never be mentioned together in the same sentence...

When I read that comment, I was going to ask, has the M2 overcome the power issues under pressure of stronger wind / hard flying ?
Not sure if any battery change or way the whole drone firmware might have been changed, if that was addressed.

Maybe the original mini was sorted with updates, anyone know ?

When I read that comment, I was going to ask, has the M2 overcome the power issues under pressure of stronger wind / hard flying ?
Not sure if any battery change or way the whole drone firmware might have been changed, if that was addressed.

Maybe the original mini was sorted with updates, anyone know ?
No.
Bottom line: anything (from DJI) with the word "mini" in it is just too small/light for me to consider. YMMV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu