DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for repair in Chattanooga

Pump Guy

Reactions
I have a Phantom 3 that has been great until I let my son take it out on his own. I am looking for advice on repair in Chattanooga. Thanks for any help!

In what way do they not rotate correctly?
DO they rotate at all, if so do they, by hand, rotate smoothly? Do you see any warning messages in the go app concerning "ESC"?

They rotate smoothly by hand, but when engaged they turn slowly causing an immediate imbalance. No warning messages on the app. My son is the computer nerd in the family and I ordered a new motor thinking that in the initial crash landing, the motor was damaged along with the blade. However, when re-testing to confirm which "motor" was bad, he discovered it was two, the silver ones, opposite each other.

That seems odd to me, I can see him damaging two motors on one side but not a diagonal pair.
I think you will need the DAT logs from the drone.
With the drone switched on connect the controller and viewing device, switch them on and start the go app.
Via 3 bar menu (top RHS) -> quad symbol menu -> advanced settings -> down at the bottom in blue press "Enter flight data mode" and follow the instructiions.
The drone's connection point is (for the Adv and Pro) on the body above the camera, NOT on the gimbal. I don't know where it is on the other variants.
WARNING the data transfer rate is VERY slow so choose only the relevant files and ensure you have a well charged battery before you start. It's taken me up to an hour to down load all the DAT files in one session. It is also a good idea to direct the output of a fan to blow cool air onto the drone, primarily the underside.

If you post the DAT file relating to a testing session where you see this slow running you might get one of the experts here to investigate

Whoops I think I have made a mistake sorry, I have been through your DAT file and several DAT and txt flight logs from my own P3 and can not find motor speeds. I thought they were available in the P3's flight logs but must have got that mixed up with what is available for later drones. Sorry.
I see you have asked over in Phantompilots, maybe you will have better luck there.

I must have had a brain freeze yesterday, I have checked my Phantom flight logs again and found the motor speed but I can not find any in the log you supplied. I have given your DAT file to both CsvView.3.7.6 (which should present graphs) and DatCon.3.7.6. which generates csv's etc.
CsvView gives an empty plot for the motor speeds and opening the csv output of DatCon with Excel there appears to be a huge block af data missing from your log when I compare it with one of my logs.
Opening the csv as a spreadsheet each data category gets it own column and when comparing yours to mine yours seems to be missing columns 94 to 141 inclusive. Of course the motor speeds are in amongst the missing columns.
The rest of the data is beyond my capabilities but either that log is corrupted or there is something else going on in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d