DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for some sugestions on a SD card for my Mini 4 pro

I've been using these with no problems whatsoever.

This isn't a good thing to save a couple of dollars. If your controller has a card slot, get a spare and plug it in. Then when you leave the card in your computer and drive 20 miles to fly, you'll be sure to have a card.

Last edited:
All of the cards mentioned in the each of the links will work. You can buy them now or you can get them for half price during BF. No big deal because cards are cheap in general so I recommend buying 256g or larger since there is no clear advantage to buying smaller. Amazon has a very good return policy so don't hesitate to buy. However, you *must* check your card to ensure it is not counterfeit or fake.

You think 128gb is enough? Can you link me to a 256 same mark? Thanks!
There's no need for those high capacity cards.
The idea that bigger must be better appeals to many.
But another principle you should consider is how many eggs do you want to put in the same basket?
In other words, how much of your work are you prepared to lose in one incident?

Post number 8 has the correct thought. A lot to lose on a 128.
Large cards aren't a risk for losing files if you download everything to computer or storage after every significant flight session. If you aren't willing to lose those photos and videos, don't take off with the only copies on board. With that in mind, there's not much justification for going above 128gb unless you're sharing them with other devices that require more capacity.

In general I agree with the idea to use the smaller cards. Make sure you have a system to keep track of what is on each one. The only exception I have run into is I had a big mapping job with a customer requiring RAW files. I maxed out a 64 GB card and had rerun it; fortunately there was a Walmart right up the road to pick up a bigger card.

I carry multiple cards in a card wallet inside the drone case. They are so cheap, why not have a few?...unlike my Sony CF Express type A cards.

Reactions: BigAl07
Large cards aren't a risk for losing files if you download everything to computer or storage after every significant flight session. If you aren't willing to lose those photos and videos, don't take off with the only copies on board. With that in mind, there's not much justification for going above 128gb unless you're sharing them with other devices that require more capacity.
As soon as I finish a shooting session, I want to see what I got, where it needs to be tweaked and if I need to fly a different path. You can do that with the remote. But as soon as I am home, I download all the files to my hard-drive and, once I am sure they are there, I clean off the card and put it back in the drone. But...

SOMETIMES I forget to clean it off and use it again, so I have all that stuff AND the new stuff on the card. It just gets in the way and I have to carefully delete it so I don't end up deleting something from the second session. and...

SOMETIMES, I forget to put it back in the drone and discover when I want to take off that there is no card in the drone, but I have the one in the controller I can use.

128 GB is plenty of space. I have never used even half the space on the card. Bigger is not really better as long as you have 128GB. Many years ago I upgraded my office system to 10 GB, and my computer guru told me that it was enough to store every book that had ever been written. Maybe, maybe not. But even with 3 fully charged batteries, you cannot fill a 128GB card.

Hi guys, first post..

Looking for some suggestions on 256 or 512gb sd cards. Scan disk?

Found these on amazon but not sure if they work.

This is the original one on the DJI site

Thanks
The best advice I can throw into the pot is this. Your mini 4 pro records video at a high bit rate. Look carefully at the card specs to find out the WRITE rate, the READ rate is displayed much more prominently and in a much bigger font size. The best rule of thumb is to look for one that displays a little 'V90'. The higher the card's write rate, the easier it will record high bitrate footage.

Doesn't everybody download their files regularly to computer!?

There's no need for those high capacity cards.
The idea that bigger must be better appeals to many.
But another principle you should consider is how many eggs do you want to put in the same basket?
In other words, how much of your work are you prepared to lose in one inDoesn

My thoughts. When you record video for the day and you are done and your files consume 22gb, if you are using a 128gb card then you will have 106gb remaining on your card.

When I record video for the day and I'm done and my files consume 22gb, I'm using a 512gb card and I have 409gb remaining on my card.

We both have exactly 22gb to upload to our computer at the end of the day.
We both have exactly 22gb to risk and lose if something were to go wrong.
We both paid roughly the same amount of money for our cards, probably no more than about $10 difference.

The only difference between us is the amount of storage remaining on your card after you are done shooting.

In 2027 when the Mavic 5 Pro 8K is launched, I will be able to continue using my card and you will likely need to buy another card. Just like you've done when you spent a ton of money on 16gb, 32gb, and 64gb cards which are basically worthless today for general use.

The purpose of large capacity cards are for emergency usage and to handle future large format files. Plan for the future. Microsd card space is cheap. No one should strictly formulate their recording and storage habits on the size of their microsd card. If you download and store at the end of every day, do that regardless of the size. You don't change from daily to every 5 days just because your card is 5 times larger. Find a good habit that works for you and stick to it regardless the size.

Instead there are benefits to larger cards. Should your computer become incapacitated for some reason, it won't adversely impact your drone card usage. If you forget (because you are not perfect) and you need more storage for whatever reason, it will be there and you don't have to carry extra cards. Surprisingly people don't generally lose cards or open a card and find the files missing or corrupt. Such intense card management is not really a thing unless you are a true professional with specific needs. Still, microsd cards are just one of the "weak" links, you need to consider your NAS setup, backup, and everything else. Focusing on simply limited your exposure at any one point really instead a good strategy.

I like to have a dedicated microsd card for each drone/camera/device I own so I recommend one of these for storage:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13