DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loose antennas.

Dan-Petter

Reactions
Hi! After only about 10 flights my antennas have gotten rather loose and floppy. Anybody else experienced this? Obviously an easy fix, but still annoying.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
At the base swivel; they just tend to flop to either side. A pain in the ... and like I said, after only about 10 flights!

At the base swivel; they just tend to flop to either side. A pain in the ... and like I said, after only about 10 flights!

Same here. Started noticing after the first couple of flights but I think it was probably always like that. The right one won’t stay all the way up and keeps creeping down. Never bothered me too much but a little bit of an annoyance.

I can understand this being a problem because the antennae always need to be oriented towards the aircraft.

In my case, its falling down toward the other antenna. So, this is the right one, it's tilting to the left (not down away from the controller), eventually ending up nearly back in the position for storage. I just periodically bump it back up.

I am actually having the exact same problem now - and it happened inexplicably. Used the drone one day and it was just there. Has anyone found a fix for this or should I send it in for repair? I can't even imagine how this would happen, especially while sitting in a carrying case.

The left antenna is fine for up/down movement (as needed for orienting toward the aircraft) but it is loose in a rotational sense, such that it will flop sideways making a "T" shape with the other antenna, if that makes any sense. It's difficult to keep them perfectly parallel, which is necessary for maximum signal. Nothing appears loose where it attaches to the controller.

Yeah, annoying! But in my case it doesn’t seem to affect anything. I just use a couple of toothpick tips to “lock” them in place.

Here's a shot of my controller. The antenna (on the left in this view) is loose, and likes to flop over the way it does in this photo. It's loose at the point it attaches to the remote.

View attachment 60935

Larry

Yep. Same with mine.

I would add that I noticed that the same antenna tends to pop up a bit when I fold it down for storage if the other one isn’t there to hold it in place. This is not a problem or even inconvenience, but it does seem to be that the right one has some sort of “springiness” at both ends of the movement range. The left one, on the other hand, stays firmly in place no matter the position.

Last edited:
Yep. Same with mine.

I would add that I noticed that the same antenna tends to pop up a bit when I fold it down for storage if the other one isn’t there to hold it in place. This is not a problem or even inconvenience, but it does seem to be that the right one has some sort of “springiness” at both ends of the movement range. The left one, on the other hand, stays firmly in place no matter the position.
I agree completely with Maviac's description of the situation. I would call it a bit of an annoyance rather than a problem.

Larry

Mine too, the swivels don't have enough friction, the internal antenna cable pulls one of the antennas down. They need to have a notch so they kinda hold in place. I am using my range extenders in the mean time.

My brothers Mavic Air has the same problem and he just bought it a few days ago. He’s returning his today for a new one. We also stumbled on this video too Dji exchanged this guys controller

Would be very interested in a fix that does not involve anything home-made or that alters the controller from stock in any way.

The actual hinge is fine, and has the appropriate stiffness. The antennae just rotates like shown above, so it is impossible to keep them parallel for best signal. Doesn't seem to affect much, but it's annoying. Also if selling used, a potential buyer is going to be put off by that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69