DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loose panel and screw

MrBongo

Reactions
Hi just got a new mavic pro 2 delivered from eBay seller and for some reason there was a loose panel and a screw in a plastic baggy and a missing panel was from the underside of the front arm!?!?
I asked about this and he advised me all four of the kits he has four sale where all like this and that’s how they come.

And yet there was no screw driver to put it on in the pack.

Luckily I have a jewellers tool kit with the right hexagon thread driver to put three panel on but why I’m hells name would they pack it like that!?!?

Is this true or am I being spun a yarn.

les.

I have never seen it and I have been watching a lot of UK Mavic 2 Pro s on ebay UK for the last month or so.
Use the advanced seach feature and have a look for yourself at old listings by ticking the "completed" box.
Did the advert have photos showing this drone in any other state or did it just have generic photos?
What 'condition' category was it advertised under i.e.new, used, for parts, etc.?

sounds like they have been opened and repaired after a crash

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Did what arrived match the photos exactly?
BTW for any auction I win I save the auction's webpage and, individually, the photos contained within that auction.
Without naming names, is the seller a company?
Did you get it for a very good price, i.e. would you be losing out on an apparently really good deal if you returned it?
Until someone who has bought a brand new M2P in the UK chimes in to say "yes this is normal" I have to say it sounds odd to me.
Precisely what panel was loose? Photo?
I am wondering, if you rang DJI and gave them the serial number could they or would they confirm if
a) M2P's are supplied like this.
b) if the drone is either or both new and unactivated
c) a genuine UK import
If you press the battery button does it light? New batteries are sent in hibernation and will not respond/light to a button press until they hav been charged.
How much time is left in the window of opportunity for returns? Do not give a precise answer, just ,perhaps, little or enough

It matched photo in auction all the stickers where in. The battery did not light up but when put on charge it had one the first two bars flashing first.The panel is directly under the front right arm near where the gimbal mechanism is.
The panel and screw came in a plastic baggie in the box I paid just over 1k gbp inclusive shipping.

Im not sure if it’s a company or a private seller Due to the name but they have sold at least four all like this a photo was sent after auction.
It activated just fine and I was able to purchase dji refresh and assign it to the drone without issue.
yes it is still in return window.

Attachments

• C080ED04-119C-483F-AF2D-B6027D2DA3C5.jpeg
    C080ED04-119C-483F-AF2D-B6027D2DA3C5.jpeg
    823.8 KB · Views: 53
Given that description of what was necessary including that you activated it and got dji refesh, presumably via the online process, I am less concerned. I wonder what the plug is for? It's highly unlikely but does it mate with anything in the cover.
You could perhaps connect the drone to your computer and with "DJI assitant 2 for mavic 2 pro" DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic- DJI Download Center- DJI
have a look in the flight logs to see what, in terms of file names, is there. Use the advanced view. From what I have read the "FAM" folder is likely to contain the largest number of files and perhaps oldest files but unfortunately I believe all the log files are encrypted. Do not copy them unless you want to and if you do copy them choose local storage on your PC etc.
Incidently once the assistant is running I disconnect my PC from my wifi so that assistant cannot access the web.
It might not be a bad idea to ring DJI and discuss it with them, if no one here comes forward and says 'what ever' it may get you the answers or reassurance you seek.

Last edited by a moderator:
It matched photo in auction all the stickers where in. The battery did not light up but when put on charge it had one the first two bars flashing first.The panel is directly under the front right arm near where the gimbal mechanism is.
The panel and screw came in a plastic baggie in the box I paid just over 1k gbp inclusive shipping.

Im not sure if it’s a company or a private seller Due to the name but they have sold at least four all like this a photo was sent after auction.
It activated just fine and I was able to purchase dji refresh and assign it to the drone without issue.

I’ve just looked at a few teardowns of the M2P and none of them show that connector as seen in your photo. It looks like a power connector. Just wondering if it has been modified to provide power to an external device such as a bait dropper? Either way it doesn’t look like something DJI would normally ship to a buyer.

Was it a sealed box ?

There is something strange about that small white 3-pin socket in your picture. That appears to be an addition to the standard Mavic 2 Pro airframe. If you look at a video about replacing an arm on a M2P, that socket does not exist! A good place to start, would be to ask why the UAV has been modified?

I’ve just looked at a few teardowns of the M2P and none of them show that connector as seen in your photo. It looks like a power connector. Just wondering if it has been modified to provide power to an external device such as a bait dropper? Either way it doesn’t look like something DJI would normally ship to a buyer.

That white port does look out of place, however most bait droppers have their own internal battery and connect externally to the front arm leds for the trigger signal

Just removed the panel on my M2P to check and I do not have the connector shown in your photo. I would be asking DJI what it is for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu