DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loosing control during flights

Rafael266

Reactions
Problem? Mavic Air loosing most of the maneuverability (most without loosing video signal) and even the gimbal tilts and turns to weird positions

Was unit in a crash?
never, 5 month old, medium use (around 8 charges on each of the 3 batteries)

What have you tried so far?
Update to the last firmware

What device are you using ?
iphone 6s

What firmware are you running ?
last version on all

What Go app version are you using?
Last one

Any modification?
no

Did you change anything or install any apps? no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?

All videos I tried to sinc the DJI GO 4 Flight Record with the actual footage from de MicroSD:

1º problem noticed: lost signal (wi-fi area) but the aircraft goes way from recorded home point (microSD footage shows) and a few seconds later it comes towards Home point:

2º problem noticed: didn't loose control but the aircraft seems to start moving by itself and rotates and drifts. Some strong commands are from me panicking to bring it closer, but others are very strong corrections its doing all by itself:

3° problem noticed (today): Almost losing control due to its "strong wish" to go somewhere else... many gimbal tilts and correction moves. It mays seems the video is out of sync betwen the flight records and the footage, but in the end all is perfect (when I get control back). This time I even got a "Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution". I believe it's from all those turns and aceleratiojn it was doing by itself + me trying to corret:

I emailed DJI suport to register what's happening, but I'm felling it has a faulty compass or something.. and it seems it's getting worse :/ Sorry my english

Problem? Mavic Air loosing most of the maneuverability (most without loosing video signal) and even the gimbal tilts and turns to weird positions

3° problem noticed (today): Almost losing control due to its "strong wish" to go somewhere else... many gimbal tilts and correction moves. It mays seems the video is out of sync betwen the flight records and the footage, but in the end all is perfect (when I get control back). This time I even got a "Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution". I believe it's from all those turns and aceleratiojn it was doing by itself + me trying to correct:
The explanation might be in the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

To keep it simple, just the data from the 3rd problem flight you mentioned above.

The explanation might be in the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

To keep it simple, just the data from the 3rd problem flight you mentioned above.

Thank you,

this one the last flight (3º problem):

I coundn't see any problem at the point where the footage gets weird :/

Can you tell me where to look to find where it gets weird?
What time in the flight is it?

Hi,

In the DJI Flight Log it starts at 2:45

In the 3º youtube video it's right at the start (0:14s). Very strong moves from the drone and tilts from gimbal... it's usually very good leveing the horizon, but I never saw it tilts like that:

Reactions: brett8883
In the DJI Flight Log it starts at 2:45

In the 3º youtube video it's right at the start (0:14s). Very strong moves from the drone and tilts from gimbal... it's usually very good leveing the horizon, but I never saw it tilts like that:
There are some problems but I don't see a simple explanation.
From 2:48-3:40 it appears that the gimbal is moving around.
The drone's heading hardly changes although the video looks like the drone is rotating left and right.

There's something weird happening with the altitude.
You descended from 3:41.7-4:05.1 and again from 4:13.6-4:39.9.
The video shows that the drone descended significantly but the altitude displayed hardly moved.

Thank you for you reply.

I have a hard time reading the logs, so I tried to sync the flight record from the app with the footage. In the end it all seems to be synchonized, but maybe It's not. Would posting the flight Logs here help in any other way?

I was reading a thread on 1st page that looks similar to my problem, where it had a IMU problem. I never calibrated the IMU. Would that help maybe?

Would posting the flight Logs here help in any other way?
The flight data from the other two flights might help

I was reading a thread on 1st page that looks similar to my problem, where it had a IMU problem. I never calibrated the IMU. Would that help maybe?
Maybe ... it's hard to know without knowing exactly what the problem is.

The flight data from the other two flights might help

Maybe ... it's hard to know without knowing exactly what the problem is.

I see, thank you. I'll try that to see if it changes anything. I read the IMU and the compass work together and calibrating the IMU I never did

I'll post the txt just in case, since I saw it's usual to post it. Thanks again

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-03_[08-09-11].txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
As far as I can see the aircraft responded normally to all stick inputs. The only non-stick induced actions were when the aircraft was switched to a tracking mode. At all times the gimbal tracks properly with aircraft yaw.

I don't see any altitude anomalies.

Thank you. I was showing tracking mode at the end at low altitude.

Maybe I'm trying to explain in a poor way (not english speaker). But in the 3º video it's possible to see it moves very strongly all over the place. Im usually a very slow flyer. The main video of today was all fine, but this part that got me terrified

This is the result of today's flights:

The flight data from the other 2 flights I had issues were these:

2º problem:

Near time 4:42s (shake and drift and tryng to compensate de yaw) and then 100% throttle from me in panic

1º problem:

Near time 4:10s (lost signal and the RTH went to the other direction than the recorded Home Point. 20 sec later it heads to correct RTH it seems)

It's very confusing and random, but it's getting more often I think.
(I had minor problems other times, but those are that made me scared)

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-04-24_[16-19-57].txt
    536.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-02-02_[12-00-39].txt
    774.9 KB · Views: 0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member