DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loosing rc connection at 500m

Trevor483

Reactions
Hey all
So I’ve been enjoying my Mavic Pro for a couple of months now without flying further than around 200m. Today when I decided to test my range I had a weak connection at 500m and no connection at 600m.
I am on the latest firmware, have my antennas correctly oriented, I was facing in the direction of the Mavic, and I had a height of at least 100m

Any suggestions to what’s causing this and how to resolve?

P.s im in Australia

It could be either the transmitter outputting low power from the controller or the receiver in the drone being low sensitivity. Without putting them on test equipment, I would think the only way to tell which one was faulty was, if you knew someone with the same setup was to try your transmitter or drone on their equipment. At lease that narrows it down to which unit is faulty. The only other things you could do was to check the aerial connections in each unit as a disconnected aerial coax at these frequencies can even transmit a short distance without an aerial connected. You could also try re syncing the two units. I don't think there is anything else you can do.

Reactions: Trevor483
Thank you :)
I’ll have to try and track down someone in my area with a mavic then

Haven’t got stickers or anything like that on the drone or controller, thanks for the suggestion though.

I’m starting to think it might just be an interference issue. I flew it up a decent amount higher and managed to get a better connection but just to be sure I will compare with another mavic if I can find one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson