DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loosing RC signal anything over 300m from home?

diveinstructor

Reactions
Hi Guys, First I live on a very small Island in Indonesia. I think the island is only like 3k long and 2k wide... like is said SMALL...

Anyways I got my Mavic last week and have had many nice flights with it however..... seems like no matter what I do I can not go out more then 300m from home take off??? I get the red loosing signal.... anytime I see that i stop the drone and start heading back closer " dont want to loose it"

I did get out to 500m ONE time flying out over open ocean but that scares the crap out of me...

Any ideas with settings I might be able to try???

Thanks in advance

Did you register your email with DJI and sign on? Not registering your email with DJI will cause them to limit range of the Mavic. Just a thought.

If it was not registered you could not go out 500M.
When you say you are losing the signal at 300M the question is how high up is the Mavic? Once you go past LOS and have lots of tree's and even a single buildings blocking the path between your RC and the Mavic the signal will drop off rather quickly. Try your flight again and this time as the signal starts to drop a bit go up higher and see if it comes back to normal. I have flown in dense jungle type areas and at about 400M out I came down from 150ft to 60ft to get a better view and the signal completely dropped off because of the trees.

Rob

Reactions: diveinstructor
If it was not registered you could not go out 500M.
When you say you are losing the signal at 300M the question is how high up is the Mavic? Once you go past LOS and have lots of tree's and even a single buildings blocking the path between your RC and the Mavic the signal will drop off rather quickly. Try your flight again and this time as the signal starts to drop a bit go up higher and see if it comes back to normal. I have flown in dense jungle type areas and at about 400M out I came down from 150ft to 60ft to get a better view and the signal completely dropped off because of the trees.

Rob
AHHHHH makes sense!!! Ya most of the flights im only up 30-50 M........ So next time ill try 100M and take it slow.Thanks for the advice ill post here what happens in next flight :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01