DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lose prop

nap

Reactions
i’m having trouble with a prop that won’t stay attached to the motor. does anyone have a suggestion as to securing the prop to the motor? It seems to be secure when I am running it on the ground but as soon as I turn it off the prop flips off the motor. I hope this doesn’t mean I have to replace the motor How big a job is that anyway?

Is the small spring still on the prop-shaft? That spring should keep the prop' pushed up and into the 3 slots that hold it in place once you have pushed it on and given it the turn.
[I'm assuming this is a Mavic Pro and you are using stock DJI propellers - yes?]

thanks for the reply. To answer your first question the spring is still attached to the shaft.It is a magic pro with DJI props

The plastic plate the prop attaches to is likely damaged. You can easily replace that without replacing the whole motor.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Found the kit on Amazon ... https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Installation-Mavic-Release-Propellers/dp/B0769GHW5S ... you'll need a Torx T6 screwdriver to remove the 3 screws and take the existing plate off.
Excellent suggestion. It's a hell of lot less expensive than replacing the possible broken parts and pieces. I was not aware Amazon sold those items. But then again, Amazon sells millions of items I don't know about. Good thing, too. I'd be tempted to stock up and then I 'd have to hope for a chance to use them to get my money's worth. I'll take the down down and search for repair/replacement parts instead of stocking up. Again, good suggestion.

Glad to be of help ... Crazy thing is that I live in the UK and can't buy those items off Amazon.com (they won't ship to the UK) ... But maybe that part number can come in handy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos