DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing connection with drone very easily..

jmark

Reactions
Just got my MA, and I'm a little disappointed. I've had a MP and the range on it was nothing short of impressive. However, this is not the case with the MA.

I've been flying exclusively over fields and lightly wooded areas. Now, I would expect the MA to have some trouble if I was in a heavily wooded area, but not behind a couple of trees. It's quite pathetic. I was filming earlier this evening and there was a small crop of trees in the middle of the field. When the craft went behind the trees ('m talking small trees and about 3 trees deep between me and the drone), I got a bad connection error on my monitor. I could still control the craft, but I noticed that the feed became worse and a bit choppy. And this wasn't even that far out, I'm talking about 100m or so away from me. I had controller set to auto channel and it was on 5.8. So far I haven't seen it connect to 2.4. I'll add that I am in an EU country.

If this is going to be the case of things I think I will return the product and get another MP, although I despised the flimsy design on the gimbal on that thing. It was horrible.

Apart from performing the hack I've read about, is there anything else I could try?

Yeah, do the hack, it makes a big difference.

As far as warranty is concerned I wouldn’t think it’s an issue as you’re not modifying the drone or software, just spoofing a GPS location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98