DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing signal because of trees.

I'm just thinking about fighting it. Looking for a better way. Obviously I can fly for miles if I'm high enough. But I want to get down there.
There are some things you can't fight and just have to live with and work around.
Your control signal won't travel through mountains, tall buildings or water.
The signal will manage with a few branches, but it cannot penetrate a forest.
Too much vegetation (and the water it holds) = no radio signal.

There are some things you can't fight and just have to live with and work around.
Your control signal won't travel through mountains, tall buildings or water.
The signal will manage with a few branches, but it cannot penetrate a forest.
Too much vegetation (and the water it holds) = no radio signal.
I hear you. But it's just not that far away I think there is some way I can get there without being there. It's a crapshoot and I don't have to go there but it just irritates me that I cannot. I understand radio signals I was just looking for a way to boost it up because if I'm sitting below the trees and I got to fly over to where I want you would think if I could get above the trees it would be the same. Maybe not but I can't get above the trees because there's a bunch of them and are all 60 ft tall. Yes can I go on location and fly from there? I can but I choose not to do that. I'm just looking for a solution for a stronger signal not only it for this application but maybe future issues. Where there's a will there's a way.

Yes I like it and easy nondestructive/reversible install. Will it do what you want. Only trial could show this. Look at the videos on the site and YouTube to see one similar to what you want. Also be aware that the signal beam is more focused than stock and requires a little more attention to the direction you pout the controller. I am happy with mine, but bought it purely for increased signal, not the increased range it allows. Might do what you want, might not... again check the vids/ Evans.

I would add that the 2.4GZ is a more penetrative (ie. less rapidly attenuated) due to longer wavelength than the 5.8GZ.

Yes I like it and easy nondestructive/reversible install. Will it do what you want. Only trial could show this. Look at the videos on the site and YouTube to see one similar to what you want. Also be aware that the signal beam is more focused than stock and requires a little more attention to the direction you pout the controller. I am happy with mine, but bought it purely for increased signal, not the increased range it allows. Might do what you want, might not... again check the vids/ Evans.
Thank you I will try it out I was not looking to post this and get doomsayers I just wanted a simple resolution that didn't require a mod everybody has an opinion and that's great but what I want is not that big of a deal thank you I'll try it

I was not looking to post this and get doomsayers I just wanted a simple resolution that didn't require a mod everybody has an opinion and that's great but what I want is not that big of a deal thank you I'll try it
Doomsayers?
Do you want to buy some anti-gravity boots as well?

IMO nothing will go through the trees, unless you get higher with your ant. (Remote)

Winter I get my best signals because no leaf on trees, summer way harder.

Reactions: vashon100
I can respect that I don't have winter here. Really at the end of the day I just want to stronger signal so I can land my drone 1 or 200 yards away where I have obstructions that won't allow me to do that so boosting the signals whatever. Is it possible I'm sure I'm looking for that guy that has done it. Everybody else the has an opinion that is non-educational it's not required

You've had some very good educational posts but don't like being told about the facts.
I may roll that way. And I'm down with the facts. This was just an inquiry to see if somebody had used or had an idea of a device that could promote my signal I seem to get what I want to do done. It's not a huge issue it's just something I want to do and I'm thinking 300 yards away dropping below the tree line I should not lose signal but I do.

I may roll that way. And I'm down with the facts. This was just an inquiry to see if somebody had used or had an idea of a device that could promote my signal I seem to get what I want to do done. It's not a huge issue it's just something I want to do and I'm thinking 300 yards away dropping below the tree line I should not lose signal but I do.
All I wanted to know is if there was a way.

I'll repeat the piece of advice earlier ... I work in the telecommunications industry ... The most useful tool to get a clear RF signal between two points with trees in between, is a chainsaw!

Last edited:
I have a mavic pro and I've tried to drop in a clearing about 300 yards away. When I get just below tree top level I start losing signal. Is there a way to improve this so I can get lower?
Use Autopilot or Litchi. The coordinates upload to your mavic. It’s automated but will work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25