DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of signal very close! (50m distance VLOS) For a couple of seconds...

Yaros

Reactions
The first time this happens to me. I took off to about 50 meters above me. Started adjusting some settings and then it disconnected, the drone started landing slowly. After like 5 seconds it reconnected back and stopped going down. I thought that's probably because it's straight above me. I was pointing with the top of the controller to the drone, but I decided to fly about 200 meters forward (VLOS), did it, and continued messing with the camera settings. It disconnected again, after 5 secs it reconnected again, I resumed changing some settings. Then I decided to turn off WiFi on my phone, and it worked, it fixed the issue, but why?

Here is the airdata log. Check the notifications tab:

The first time this happens to me. I took off to about 50 meters above me. Started adjusting some settings and then it disconnected, the drone started landing slowly. After like 5 seconds it reconnected back and stopped going down. I thought that's probably because it's straight above me. I was pointing with the top of the controller to the drone, but I decided to fly about 200 meters forward (VLOS), did it, and continued messing with the camera settings. It disconnected again, after 5 secs it reconnected again, I resumed changing some settings. Then I decided to turn off WiFi on my phone, and it worked, it fixed the issue, but why?

Here is the airdata log. Check the notifications tab:
Signal loss happens for many reason - even within short distance between the drone and the RC. Much of it happens around very magnetic type stuff (metals) that can interfere.

As you and others have found when using a phone or tablet with cellular service - wiser to turn on airplane mode to simply stop any kind of phone calls / etc from happening when in flight.

What type of phone / tablet are you using?

Reactions: NG Wildman
Signal loss happens for many reason - even within short distance between the drone and the RC. Much of it happens around very magnetic type stuff (metals) that can interfere.

As you and others have found when using a phone or tablet with cellular service - wiser to turn on airplane mode to simply stop any kind of phone calls / etc from happening when in flight.

What type of phone / tablet are you using?

I'm using a Samsung A50

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje